Nassau Things to Do

We will be arriving in Nassau on May 29 via Emerald Princess.  Ship will be at port from 1 - 7.  

We are a 60ish year old couple from Ohio.  We love scenery, learning local culture and history.  We did a fabulous tour about 15 years ago here.  As I am looking at ship excursions, they pretty much go where we have been before so we aren't sure if we want to do that again.  Are there safe places to walk to from the ship port?  If so, what types of places are there?  We are not big beach people.  We do enjoy walking the beach for a while but that is pretty much all we do at the beach.

This port really has us stumped on what we want to do.

Thank you so much for your information and recommendations!

We just returned from a day in Nassau and did the Eco-Glide Adventure tour with our group of ten which ranged in age from 70s to teen. It was a great tour. We all highly recommend it. Google it for more information. 

• Thanks 1

We walked up to the Graycliff Hotel and poked around the beautiful property. If you or someone you like smokes cigars their Graycliff is very good.

They also have a wine shop, chocolate shop, and cigar “factory” there…

Just a short stroll up the hill…

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2024 at 2:03 PM, opshannon said:

We just returned from a day in Nassau and did the Eco-Glide Adventure tour with our group of ten which ranged in age from 70s to teen. It was a great tour. We all highly recommend it. Google it for more information. 

Thanks! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the tour. I had seen it on one of the tour consolidator websites. Don’t remember which one. Think I’ll go back and look at this again. We’ve done quite a few similar tours and always enjoyed them. 

On 3/16/2024 at 2:03 PM, opshannon said:

Serious question, is there a weight limit do you know (I am 220lbs), and did anyone fall off?!  Like, I can ride a bike, but never been on a segway & looks intimidating.  My balance isn't the best & so scared of falling off.  But it looks like fun!
I did manage to do kayaking with my daughter once, was very scared, but once I was out on the water I was fine.

On 3/31/2024 at 6:44 AM, NJsharon said:

Serious question, is there a weight limit do you know (I am 220lbs), and did anyone fall off?!  Like, I can ride a bike, but never been on a segway & looks intimidating.  My balance isn't the best & so scared of falling off.  But it looks like fun!
I did manage to do kayaking with my daughter once, was very scared, but once I was out on the water I was fine.

There was no weight limit. I weigh FAR more than 220. People did fall off. BUT they did so because they were not following directions. It balances for you. You don't need good balance. Can you stand still without moving your feet? Can you shift your weight to your toes and then shift it back to your heels? That's how you make it move forward and backward. It's so fun and while it is intimidating at first, you will do well and enjoy the heck out of it.

Question on the different experiences too.
If we are booked with say an oceanview bella.  Can we later try to upgrade to an oceanview aurea?  I was told, for the sailing I am looking at, the Aurea is sold out.  Is that possible?