Careful with towels if you have two staterooms

7 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

No, no, don't bring a wet towel back to your room.  When you're done at the pool, stop by the Towel Station and exchange for fresh towels -- only store fresh towels in your room.   

Pro:  If you decide to hit the hot tub super early (or late), you have towels, even if the Towel Station is closed. 

Con:  More than once I've forgotten my towels and had to turn around and go back to the room to get them.  

Yep!  Grab towels day 1 beginning of cruise, exchange wet towels as needed.  Return towels Last day of cruise.  Works for us!

They should do a towel return incentive program, where they give you some OBC (like $5 per towel) for returning more towels than you check out.  This would both reduce lost towels and help reduce chair hogs! 😁😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I see absolutely no correlation between towel policies and chair hogs

Simple , they leave their towel, you think the chair is taken. If they tale their towel (because they have to turn it in ) Then you find an empty chair to use!

• Like 1

We found it somewhat nerve wracking that they didn't really track the number of towels you checked in or out.  One day they scanned my card and my wife's card when checking them out but only scanned my card when returning.  They also did not count the towels when I brought them back, just had me throw them in the bin.

I was concerned I would find a charge at the end of the cruise.  However, throughout the cruise we checked towels out (up to 4 at a time) and checked towels in (sometimes one at a time) but had no charges at the end of the week.  I'm unsure how their system works but it cannot be an accurate way of tracking towels.  If not, I don't see how they charge people for unreturned towels.  We certainly returned all towels that we used but I don't know how their system accurately tracked that.