Is Celebrity trying to imitate HAL

Posted (edited)

We jumped to HAL for the price, itineraries, food, cabins, and service.  We are easy going on entertainment, and live music works well for us.  That said, we are considering a transatlantic on both Viking Ocean and Virgin Voyages.  Some of you may still have crossover status with Azamara.  Plenty of choices out there, and you don't need to throw the baby out with the bathwater if X still makes sense. Variety is the spice of life.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

That'll be interesting considering there are songs with that title and it's just a common phrase...

That has no bearing on a service mark or trademark. A registered trademark does not give HAL exclusive control of the term. There are two other companies who also have active service marks on the phrase Have It All. 

3 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

We jumped to HAL for the price, itineraries, food, cabins, and service.  We are easy going on entertainment, and live music works well for us

We jumped to HAL for the same reasons. We can sail on a new modern ship with no sun rooms passed of as a balcony, and have better selections and quality of great food in the MDR and even the Lido buffets.  We love the HAL Billboard Onboard music venue and is all the entertainment we need. We also have the options of longer itineraries without having to book B2B's that are of more intertest to us.

• Like 2

If the itinerary works out on HAL for my next cruise,  I will try HAL again.  For Celebrity the entertainment is grade C at best.  The music walk is something that I just might enjoy.  On Celebrity I found myself skipping most of the shows.

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

If the itinerary works out on HAL for my next cruise,  I will try HAL again.  For Celebrity the entertainment is grade C at best.  The music walk is something that I just might enjoy.  On Celebrity I found myself skipping most of the shows.

22 days on the Edge in January and we only went to 2 shows, the magician and comedian, the rest has zero appeal to us. Last November on the HAL Koningsdam we spent every evening in the Billboard Onboard venue.

• Like 1