Oasis Transatlantic Dry Dock 2024

Hi everybody!

I need a little help with this. We are doing Oasis transatlantic on October this year from Barcelona down to Fort Lauderdale. I have been looking out for info  on this ship and found that maybe she will undergo refurbishment or dry dock before my trip. Do you guys out there now something about this? And if so, should I worry about it not being on time for my voyage?? Thanks to all !!

Posted (edited)

The last scheduled cruise for Oasis relative to your cruise is a 3 day western Med cruise on 9/26.  The next scheduled cruise after that is your trans Atlantic on 10/24.  That is a 3-1/2+ week timeframe for a drydock to occur and have the ship ready for your cruise.  I would guess this is a 5-year maintenance dry dock, but maybe others can confirm. The cruise lines build these timelines in with every ship and typically allow enough time for all that would be planned to take place.  I would not be overly concerned if I were you.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

We are also on this cruise and I hope they will not take out the BBQ restaurant.

Only ship in the fleet with it and a nice venue.  I'm guessing this is a maintenance dry dock, so that would likely not be an issue.  I think they only added it in 2019?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, vwlmember said:

Oasis went through Amplification back in April 2019. Highly unlikely they will make any large scale changes during this dry dock.

To @cruisinghawg I believe that is when they added the Portside BBQ.  Doubt they will be taking it off.  I would guess other than the usual cosmetics that accompany a maintenance drydock, nothing will be done with this outside of that.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Cruise Director Rules said:

And if so, should I worry about it not being on time for my voyage?

Any dry dock slippage is likely to happen and be known much closer to sailing. 

• Like 1

We are sailing on Oasis out of Fort Lauderdale 16 Nov. 2024. Hope she’s will be prettied up a bit. Think, though, in that short a time it is just maintenance.