Champagne Pour.

Oakman58

On 3/19/2024 at 6:50 PM, JimmyVWine said:

A Champagne Tower the shape of the ones built on Princess ships contain approximately 650 glasses.  In addition to the fact that the flow of Champagne can rarely reach the center glasses, at a rate of 12 glasses per bottle, it would take over 50 bottles to fill every glass.  Plus, due to the inefficiency of the way the liquid flows, it's not like the glasses fill at an even rate with the 650th glass being filled without any spillage or overflow of the other glasses.  So you are probably looking at a 30%-50% margin of error for overage.  Who wants to stand around for the length of time it would take to pour 75 bottles? And by the time the 650th glass was filled, the first glasses would be warm. The stuff they are pouring is hard to choke down at a proper 45F.  Once it gets to room temperature, it is best dumped into the nearest plant. 

Princess Cruises Entertainment

All the towers I have seen have had marbles in the glasses to reduce the volume.

22 hours ago, LeeW said:

All the towers I have seen have had marbles in the glasses to reduce the volume.

I never took notice. 😄

Yes, I would say that is probably what you call it, a "photo opportunity," as I took advantage of it this year. The reason why??? 24 years ago I did my first one on another Princess ship, and I wanted to take it again, and "compare" my two pictures. 🙂