Call for Questions: Cruise Line Tech Panel

Hi everyone!

The annual Seatrade Cruise Global conference is coming up in a few weeks, where representatives from the global cruise industry descend on Miami for a week filled with cruise discussions, panels, programming & more.

This year, there's a dedicated technology panel titled "Cruise Lines Answer Your Questions: Quick Fire Tech Questions from Cruise Critic Guests." To help develop the panel, we'd love to hear from you

What questions do you have for cruise line tech experts? Whether you have questions around Starlink, AI, onboard apps, the online booking process, etc., we want to hear all of your tech-related questions.

Please share below to have your question(s) considered for the panel!

Thanks!

Aubrey

Cruise Critic

Assoc. Director, Marketing Communications

I have a suggestion regarding messaging via on-board Apps. It is a nice feature but lacking for practical use.  A tone or screen notification of incoming messages would be a significant enhancement and make the function much more useful.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ldubs said:

I have a suggestion regarding messaging via on-board Apps. It is a nice feature but lacking for practical use.  A tone or screen notification of incoming messages would be a significant enhancement and make the function much more useful.

Sorry, but when I go cruising I do not want to be surrounded by the sound of incoming messages.  Keep the quiet system.  It's not difficult to check manually, but an onscreen message would be acceptable (to me)

Posted (edited)

My real question is:

Why do most cruise lines have user unfriendly websites?  Websites, that on the occasions that they do function, are difficult to navigate, are slow and clumsy.

Edited by VMax1700
spelling
  • Like 1

• LauraS pinned this topic
11 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Sorry, but when I go cruising I do not want to be surrounded by the sound of incoming messages.  Keep the quiet system.  It's not difficult to check manually, but an onscreen message would be acceptable (to me)

When I go on a cruise I don't want or expect to experience Shady Acres.  There really is no difference between my suggestion and someone calling or sending a text via wifi.

9 hours ago, ldubs said:

When I go on a cruise I don't want or expect to experience Shady Acres.  There really is no difference between my suggestion and someone calling or sending a text via wifi.

I don't know what Shady Acres refers to (Google shows it as a 'watering hole' in Soho, Hong Kong!) 🤔, however if your suggestion implemented then the number of pings, rings and zings will increase substantially over the currently lowish volumes.  If they already have text and calling via wifi then there is no necessity to use the vastly inferior onboard app.   

29 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

I don't know what Shady Acres refers to (Google shows it as a 'watering hole' in Soho, Hong Kong!) 🤔, however if your suggestion implemented then the number of pings, rings and zings will increase substantially over the currently lowish volumes.  If they already have text and calling via wifi then there is no necessity to use the vastly inferior onboard app.   

Sorry, a poor attempt at humor about a quiet place for us age advantaged folk.  We are clearly different in things we let bother us.  Two sides to everything I guess.    

On 3/22/2024 at 12:05 PM, VMax1700 said:

My real question is:

Why do most cruise lines have user unfriendly websites?  Websites, that on the occasions that they do function, are difficult to navigate, are slow and clumsy.

Thanks for the question, @VMax1700. Is there anything in particular that would make the experience more helpful (assuming, of course, they're functioning!)?

• CCAubs locked this topic