Dining on Sun Princess. - Traditional early/late? Motion in far Aft?

I am interested in details about the new dining room on the Sun Princess.

The new dining room concept looks amazing.

Has anyone done the Traditional early/late seating?  How has that worked out?

Trying to decide whether to book Traditional as to be on that main floor.

Of course, Canadianburger mentioned motion there in the very Aft.

Has anyone felt that as an ongoing problem.  (of coarse, that is where the huge windows are)

Wouldn't that motion be felt on the Wakeview Terrace area, and pool?

21 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

I am interested in details about the new dining room on the Sun Princess.

The new dining room concept looks amazing.

Has anyone done the Traditional early/late seating?  How has that worked out?

Trying to decide whether to book Traditional as to be on that main floor.

Has anyone felt that as an ongoing problem.  (of coarse, that is where the huge windows are)

Traditional dining is long gone.

Difference in motion will be negligible. Worrying about nothing 🙂 

11 hours ago, Over from NZ said:

They seem to have brought it back on the Sun. If I remember right, deck 6 is traditional dinning and deck 7 is dine my way or whatever they are calling it now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We will do traditional dining on the Sun this August. I really like the look of the MDR on deck 6. Hopefully second sitting dining in the Med' will be at 8.15 pm.

Any ship motion doesn't bother us in the slightest. I actually enjoy some wave movement whilst cruising.

I am curious about this also. I loved traditional dining and would definitely do that if it were an option. I also wonder if it means Princess might bring it back on some other ships?...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Over from NZ said:

You are wrong.  Deck 6 of the dinning room is specifically set for two seatings.  

OP, I looked on my app for the 4/6 sailing and there are NO seatings available but I think I remember that it's 5:30 and 7:30.  I, too, found it odd that they went back to the traditional seating.  It's also the largest of the three dinning room areas.  I am so surprised that so many people want that way of having dinner.  

Thanks everyone!

It will be quite some time until we sail,  but I thought that this would be a topic of interest.

I have not heard any feedback here, or the few YouTube cruisers I have looked at, that even refer to this more traditional system on Deck 6...  and, seeing that it is not showing as available for Sox Fan, I wonder if they have been using this system???

I seem to remember one report of dining on Deck 6, which did not seem to be a traditional 'seating'.

The wonderful Live From that we were all following does report some real motion on the very Aft of Deck 6...  (motion was too much for his wife).  The rest of the ship seems to be super smooth.

But, I hear no other reports of motion back there from other cruisers???

On 3/20/2024 at 9:20 PM, Wishing on a star said:

@Wishing on a star  As you are aware, I was on the first sailing.  I ate dinner every night in the MDR on Deck 7.  My table was at the very back of the dining room, right alongside those marvelous floor to ceiling windows.  I felt absolutely NO motion at any time.  You have to remember that some people are extremely sensitive to any amount motion.  Where some amount that you and I wouldn't even think about, as it is what is to be expected on a moving ship, might make someone else extremely uncomfortable.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thank you so much!

One reason that we might consider the Traditional type of arrangement would have been to be on Deck Six, as that seemed more open to that window view.  We will def. consider Deck 7, Anytime w/Reservations as well.

First world decisions!!  Hahaha!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RNRcruisers said:

I am curious about this also. I loved traditional dining and would definitely do that if it were an option. I also wonder if it means Princess might bring it back on some other ships?...

We really used to enjoy traditional dining and taking that away was a negative. Be good if they brought it back on other ships too. 

• Like 1