Virgin Voyages Newbie, Splash of Romance and Bar Tab

Grumpella

is the Splash of Romance worth it?  I have Expedited Boarding with my Deep Blue Extras, so not sure if it is worth it. I am not sure if the Priority Boarding with Splash of Romance is different than the Expedited Boarding with Deep Blue.

I read somewhere that I could buy a bottle of liquor from a bar with my Bar Tab and take it with me to my room.  Is this correct?

Thank you in advance for your help.

It depends on why you want the Splash of Romance.  If you will use the thermal suite and want the Moet, that equals the cost.  You already have priority boarding and Splash will get you on board maybe 3-5 minutes earlier.  So you are looking at the valur of a few munchies that you can't get anywhere else and the juices that you can get with your bar tab if you don't have SOR.  Bottom line, if you wouldn't use both the Moet and the thermal suite, it isn't worth the deal

Getting a bottle of wine has had varying results for us.  We were told in one restaurant that it couldn't happen, but we got one from room service. (unopened).  Others have gotten it from the same restaurant that refused us.  We've never tried with Liquor.  If you buy in the duty free shop, it is on loot and held until the last night.

20 hours ago, Grumpella said:

I have Expedited Boarding with my Deep Blue Extras

We DBE sailors boarded after the Splash of Romance guest on my first 5 cruises out of Miami, but Before them on my last cruise in December. As mentioned above, it is only a 5-minute difference in the boarding times either way (in Miami that is).