Cannes Excursions Decisions

We will be in port from 9am to 6pm at the end of July.  I am leaning to booking one of NCLs excursions to get on a tender & not worry about scheduling it.  Anyways, I am travelling with a few people who have never been to Europe and I was in Monte Carlo for about a few hours 30+ years ago.

What do you think would be more interesting?  Cannes, Monaco, Nice?  I know Monaco & Nice are about an hour away. I was looking at Monaco on your own, Monaco & Monte Carlo, Nice & Eze.  Also, these excursions have no reviews, so it's hard to tell which might be good.  Thanks! 

I did Highlights of Monaco & Nice back in October and really enjoyed it.   It was a nice mix of riding in a van, walking, and free time.  Both cities were incredibly beautiful, there is so much to see.  Our guide was very good and we fit a lot into our short stay, including seeing a movie being filmed on the beach in Nice! 
I'm happy to try to answer any question you have.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pookie2u said:

I did Highlights of Monaco & Nice back in October and really enjoyed it.   

Unfortunately, this tour is not available. 🙁

3 minutes ago, FlashF15 said:

Unfortunately, this tour is not available. 🙁

Aww 😞  That's unfortunate.  I do hope you are able to find something similar.  Monaco and Nice are really amazing.

22 minutes ago, Pookie2u said:

Aww 😞  That's unfortunate.  I do hope you are able to find something similar.  Monaco and Nice are really amazing.

Did you do it through NCL or an private company?

We took the NCL excursion to Monte Carlo and Monaco in November 2023. It was a long bus ride both directions, but we thoroughly enjoyed our day. We had sufficient time at both stops,  and enjoyed a lovely late lunch in Monaco.

7 minutes ago, FlashF15 said:

Did you do it through NCL or an private company?

That tour was booked through NCL, I also wanted to get an earlier tender plus the guarantee to get back on the ship really came in handy that day.  We were an hour late getting back and the water and tender transfer were scary.  

I did have great luck booking through ItalyTours.IT and their sister company Barcelona Day Tours for other ports if you need a recommendation for other ports.  It's nice to have some small group tours.

• Like 1

We have booked Italy Tours for Naples & Florence.  I think we're going to do Barcelona on our own & catch a few taxis.

An hour late, wow.  Was that because of traffic?

@PSU78, good to hear you enjoyed the Monaco/Monte Carlo.  That was our 1st choice but now I don't know.  Did you feel rushed at all? 

19 minutes ago, FlashF15 said:

We have booked Italy Tours for Naples & Florence.  I think we're going to do Barcelona on our own & catch a few taxis.

@PSU78, good to hear you enjoyed the Monaco/Monte Carlo.  That was our 1st choice but now I don't know.  Did you feel rushed at all? 

Not at all. We arrived late to the pier, but not a problem since we booked through NCL.

38 minutes ago, FlashF15 said:

It was mostly because of some silly construction they had in Monaco right where all of the tour busses pick up.  This caused a bottle neck and all the tours in Monaco that day got backed up, all trying to get their people in a much smaller boarding area, all at the same time.  It was a big mess.  There were 8 late tours for our ship, ours was far from the last to arrive.  

1 hour ago, traveluphill said:

Has anyone done the public ferry to Ste. Margarite, an island about a half mile off the coast of Cannes? The island looks stunning. Just wondering if anyone had done this. 

Have not done it yet, but plan on doing it in May so we can visit the fort and the cell that the man in the iron mask was housed in.

Might bring snorkeling gear and go out to the underwater statues as well.