What Immunization Shots Do You Need For a Cruise in the French Polynesia?

Posted (edited)

We just returned from the 35 day cruise to the SP and did not “require” any shots.  However, some chose to get some after visiting their travel medical center for recommended ones.  I don’t know how to provide a link but it was passport health global dot com 

Edited by canadianbear
Add info

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2024 at 6:55 AM, canadianbear said:

We just returned from the 35 day cruise to the SP and did not “require” any shots.  However, some chose to get some after visiting their travel medical center for recommended ones.  I don’t know how to provide a link but it was passport health global dot com 

Thanks for the info on shots.   Did you require many visas or did the cruise line handle some/all?  Your only cruise to that part of the world?  We are from Vancouver and were cancelled/postponed multiple times during Covid so hoping to make it to some of the missed ports on an 18 day NCL cruise later this year departing Papeete,

13 minutes ago, lizinvan said:

Thanks for the info on shots.   Did you require many visas or did the cruise line handle some/all?  Your only cruise to that part of the world?  We are from Vancouver and were cancelled/postponed multiple times during Covid so hoping to make it to some of the missed ports on an 18 day NCL cruise later this year departing Papeete,

We also were cancelled a couple times too.  We cruised from San Diego & return so not sure of your itinerary but for ours we did not require any visas either.  Your itinerary could be very different than ours since you’re leaving from Papeete. 

Just now, canadianbear said:

We also were cancelled a couple times too.  We cruised from San Diego & return so not sure of your itinerary but for ours we did not require any visas either.  Your itinerary could be very different than ours since you’re leaving from Papeete. 

Thanks so much for the prompt response!  You have already been:) Which line?  Any likes or dislikes?  We were originally doing back to back from Honolulu but so far only booked on the second leg Papeete to Sydney

4 minutes ago, lizinvan said:

Thanks so much for the prompt response!  You have already been:) Which line?  Any likes or dislikes?  We were originally doing back to back from Honolulu but so far only booked on the second leg Papeete to Sydney

We did Holland America on the Koningsdam.  One of the people on our roll call did a “live” report if you want to find it (I don’t know how to attach a link) it was February this year that we went. 

We love to snorkel so did mainly that in our SP ports.  Hawaii I could take or leave as we’ve been there lots.  There were a lot of sea days coming back which my husband wasn’t fond of but I don’t like long flights so won’t fly longer than 6 hours. 

If you’re doing Papeete to Sydney your ports will be very different than ours so do check about visas. 

1 minute ago, canadianbear said:

We did Holland America on the Koningsdam.  One of the people on our roll call did a “live” report if you want to find it (I don’t know how to attach a link) it was February this year that we went. 

We love to snorkel so did mainly that in our SP ports.  Hawaii I could take or leave as we’ve been there lots.  There were a lot of sea days coming back which my husband wasn’t fond of but I don’t like long flights so won’t fly longer than 6 hours. 

If you’re doing Papeete to Sydney your ports will be very different than ours so do check about visas. 

Thanks so much Mrs Bear!  Yes; seems we will have some different ports.  We are only 3 star with HA after our Amazon cruise just prior to Covid.  New Australian visa, prob others and who knows what will happen with the New Caledonian ports by then.  Happy cruising!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lizinvan said:

Thanks so much Mrs Bear!  Yes; seems we will have some different ports.  We are only 3 star with HA after our Amazon cruise just prior to Covid.  New Australian visa, prob others and who knows what will happen with the New Caledonian ports by then.  Happy cruising!

Have a wonderful time!  The SP was a bucket list for me to snorkel & it didn’t disappoint.  We used local vendors and loved it, especially with the sharks.  Very different than when we snorkeled with whale sharks, lol.  

28 minutes ago, lizinvan said:

Yes, bucket list for me too!

One of my favourite snorkel excursion was in Raiatea with L’Excursion Bleue with the sharks.  I got a lot of underwater photos & videos with my old camera so I was very happy most turned out.  It’s a great one to tick off your bucket list too. 

IMG_4639.jpeg