Pearl Suite size and Balcony

We will be on the Norwegian Pearl for 10 days in September and we are booked in a category SM aft penthouse suite with large balcony. Cabin 10664. 

We have stayed in suites on Royal Caribbean and Princess and from the pictures I’m seeing I’m not overly impressed with the size of the suite. The bathroom looks very small for a high-end suite with only one sink. It doesn’t look like there’s actually a separate area in the suite for a living area. Maybe a curtain? Anyone have comments on the suite? I might consider a switch to the forward facing suites, which look larger to me, but we really love aft!

My biggest concern is we spend a ton of time on the balcony. I saw a video that says it is our category of cabin, but the balcony looks so narrow that I’m wondering if it’s actually not the large balcony suite.  Does anyone know if this category has a deep enough balcony to face to the water instead of having to turn them sideways?

Overall, would you stay with this category or look for another option? I would be nervous about the wind on a Forward facing cabin. 

37 minutes ago, Scubadoc said:

We will be on the Norwegian Pearl for 10 days in September and we are booked in a category SM aft penthouse suite with large balcony. Cabin 10664. 

We have stayed in suites on Royal Caribbean and Princess and from the pictures I’m seeing I’m not overly impressed with the size of the suite. The bathroom looks very small for a high-end suite with only one sink. It doesn’t look like there’s actually a separate area in the suite for a living area. Maybe a curtain? Anyone have comments on the suite? I might consider a switch to the forward facing suites, which look larger to me, but we really love aft!

My biggest concern is we spend a ton of time on the balcony. I saw a video that says it is our category of cabin, but the balcony looks so narrow that I’m wondering if it’s actually not the large balcony suite.  Does anyone know if this category has a deep enough balcony to face to the water instead of having to turn them sideways?

Overall, would you stay with this category or look for another option? I would be nervous about the wind on a Forward facing cabin. 

The forward cabins are not much larger with the exception of the balconies which are huge. Bathrooms and layouts are very similar. If you need a larger bathroom on an older ship you might want to book one of the Haven cabins

If I recall correctly, the deck 10 balconies are deeper that the deck 9 balconies and a lounge chair will fit facing the water.  At least that was my experience on the Gem (sister ship).

Try to find some Youtube videos showing the suites on deck 10, that should give you a better idea.  The bathroom is small, but the dressing table area helps a bit.  No real living room just a curtain between the bed and the small loveseat.

If you want a separate living area then either look at the 2 bedroom suites or the Haven suites or Owners Suites.

If the non-Haven 2 bedroom suites are available, they may be an option as they are less expensive that the Haven but they do have a small balcony.

The balcony on the forward cabins is hit and miss.  We've had cruises where we could use it every day without a problem and other cruises where the furniture was tied up for most of the cruise which was really disappointing for me as I love my balcony and spend a lot of time out there.

Whatever you choose.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

We had that cabin last April on the Pearl to Bermuda.  The loungers face the water.  Balcony size for the aft suites on decks 9 and 10 is narrower and the loungers are placed foot to foot. I like the deck 10 aft suites because they're bigger than the Haven suite balconies.  If you're looking for amazing, maybe the deck 9 or 10 owner's suites with 2 balconies and a full and half bath.

Meglet, thanks so much for a first-hand account! I want to be sure I understand you. You stayed in 10664? And the loungers could face the water? Because that is great news. You also said the balconies on nine and 10 are more narrow, but this cabin is on 10. Are you talking about the regular penthouse balconies? The problem with that video Lazcio posted is that even though it says, it’s a penthouse with a large balcony I’m pretty sure it’s not. Because that’s definitely a narrow balcony.

Pearl and Gem are sister ships.  If you look on youtube Gem 10664 a short video shows the balcony.  Sometimes there are 2 loungers and sometimes one lounger and 2 chairs.  You can get the loungers faced out to the wake if you don't mind 2 of the lounger legs in the little gully for water/rain that's under the glass/plexiglass. If you don't see the 2 loungers, your cabin steward or butler might be able to change out the chairs for you.