Question about certain KEY benefits as it pertains to onboard activities

Just after cruises restarted after Covid, while doing the water slides, a family kept bypassing the busy lines for the water slides by mentioning to the attendants that they had the “key”.   We were unable to purchase it now that we were on the ship, so for our next cruise we purchased the Key as we felt this was a major benefit for our family.   On the next cruise, it worked great and we were able skip the long lines, although we did feel a little guilty, but again, the attendant said it was a benefit.

That being said, I don’t see this listed anymore and since we haven’t purchased the key in a while, is this still a benefit?    It was a great perk, but I can absolutely understand them removing this benefit, as I understand the “entitlement issues” in the world today can create some uncomfortable moments and upset people.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Marlin girl said:

I don’t see this listed anymore and since we haven’t purchased the key in a while, is this still a benefit?  

Under Key (renamed VIP Pass)

• Access to the fast lane at onboard activities and private time at the FlowRider®. Activities vary by ship.

3 minutes ago, Marlin girl said:

Just after cruises restarted after Covid, while doing the water slides, a family kept bypassing the busy lines for the water slides by mentioning to the attendants that they had the “key”.   We were unable to purchase it now that we were on the ship, so for our next cruise we purchased the Key as we felt this was a major benefit for our family.   On the next cruise, it worked great and we were able skip the long lines, although we did feel a little guilty, but again, the attendant said it was a benefit.

That being said, I don’t see this listed anymore and since we haven’t purchased the key in a while, is this still a benefit?    It was a great perk, but I can absolutely understand them removing this benefit, as I understand the “entitlement issues” in the world today can create some uncomfortable moments and upset people.

Thank you.

No, it's not a benefit anymore...  You get special times for the flowrider and Rockwall and the public ice skating but not to bypass the lines during regular times. 

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Under Key (renamed VIP Pass)

• Access to the fast lane at onboard activities and private time at the FlowRider®. Activities vary by ship.

Yes, I noticed this, but I know this perk wasn’t available to KEY guests on a recent Symphony or Freedom cruise.  

3 minutes ago, Marlin girl said:

Yes, I noticed this, but I know this perk wasn’t available to KEY guests on a recent Symphony or Freedom cruise.  

The perks could change at any time between purchase and the sailing. Implementation could also vary between ships. It could also be that the website needs an update to catch up with reality. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cincicruisers said:

Can anyone share information about what benefits come with the key/vip?

I am diamond level but it’s been years since my last cruise with Royal.

What's Included

•  
  • The Key designated arrival time gives you priority access into the terminal on Day 1. Priority access details will be communicated via email and may vary by port.
  •  
  • Carry-on bag drop off and delivery to stateroom. Drop off your carry-on bags in the Main Dining Room until 1:30 pm.
  •  
  • Exclusive welcome lunch in the Main Dining Room featuring The Key Signature menu. Savor our signature lunch menu, showcasing guest favorites across appetizers, entrees, and desserts.
  •  
  • 20% off at all specialty restaurants throughout your cruise when you make your reservations on Day 1 of the sailing. Subject to availability.
  •  
  • VOOM® Surf & Stream 1 Device high-speed internet.
  •  
  •  
  • Priority ship-to-shore departure at tender ports of call.
  •  
  • Dedicated seating section at shows in the Royal Theater, AquaTheater, Studio B and Two70® (reservations required on Quantum and Oasis Class ships).
  •  
  • On debarkation day, enjoy an exclusive à la carte breakfast and depart at your leisure with Choice Departure.

Important details and advisements

•  
  • When you receive your SeaPass card, it will have an icon confirming your purchase of The Key.
  •  
  • The Key must be purchased prior to sailing by each guest age 6 or older assigned to the same stateroom.
  •  
Edited by Another_Critic
formatting

Posted (edited)

This is what sold us, the "Access to the fast lane at onboard activities", but when we found out its just private times at off hours, we cancelled.

If it had been like fast pass at Disney, that made it more worth it to us.

It really is false advertising, because it doesnt say "or" it says "and" private times.

Edited by Neosophy