Many cancellations next year

Anyone have any ideas where Jade will be redeployed? We have been looking at Panama Canal for a while and our original cruise on Rhapsody OTS for last month was cancelled back in August. We were looking at Jade before they were cancelled.

We are waiting to see where the Jade is going.  We are looking at the 2/9/24 Panama Canal with the Jade now that our March cruise was cancelled.  I don't want to jump on it though until I see where the Jade is being redeployed to.  I talked to a PCC at NCL yesterday and he said he had no news yet of where she is going either.  I asked him to contact me as soon as he hears.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that he will, but I'll keep looking myself too.......

• Like 2

On 4/2/2024 at 10:37 PM, bluesea777 said:

Expect an itinerary change email from NCL (if not a cancellation one) for your May 7-18, 2025 cruise. This cruise also includes Egypt.

The next two cruises (May18-27 and May27-June6) disembarks & embarks in Haifa. 

Itinerary change rather than cancellation for the May 7 -> 18 cruise came in yesterday - as expected, ditching the Israel ports.  They've also dropped Port Said, but we now overnight in Alexandria (and they've also added Mykonos and Santorini), so I'm thinking about getting the train to Cairo and spending the night there - so rare to get an overnight in a port, so keen to take advantage of that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thedarklord said:

Itinerary change rather than cancellation for the May 7 -> 18 cruise came in yesterday - as expected, ditching the Israel ports.  They've also dropped Port Said, but we now overnight in Alexandria (and they've also added Mykonos and Santorini), so I'm thinking about getting the train to Cairo and spending the night there - so rare to get an overnight in a port, so keen to take advantage of that.

That's good to hear! Mykonos and Santorini have been added - it's good that you're going in May - before the height of tourist (and ships) season!

As for Alexandra overnight can you check out the NCL excursions to see if there's one for Cairo overnight. We took one (yes, pricy, but for our own safety) and it was fantastic - they took us to many sights over the two days and put us up in fantastic hotel on the Nile. Funnily enough so many people booked that excursion and it resulted in 9 coaches. But it was fantastic - we even had an armed guard (in suit) with us on the coach. I'm not so sure about the train .... but if it were us we'd take the NCL excursion over going on our own.

ENJOY!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2024 at 10:10 PM, jamin jul said:

I am booked on NCL Jade January 19,2025 Panama Canal cruise.  Booked specifically for the canal transit.  A little worried now about the cancellations.  Was suppose to do a RC Panama Canal transit this past February but it was cancelled last August. Recent reviews of the Jade are not very good  so getting a little worried about this sailing.  My price seems a little high too. Panama Canal is on my bucket list but would hate to be booked then cancelled or changed at last minute.  This is my first NCL cruise.  Usually do RC or Celebrity.   any suggestions?

Just booked the Bliss for 12/6/24.  Was cheaper than Joy or Jade.  Some of the same ports but different Mexico ports.

1 hour ago, dmwnc1959 said:

🤔 Any new news? Updates specifically on Norwegian Jade for March 2025? 

😁

Not yet. I keep looking. Curious to what they're going to put before the 25-day cruise. My PCC doesn't know either and she says she usually finds out a couple days before they update their website.

• Like 1

Breakawya has a plannes drydock of some sort in6 february 2025. Apparently the port changed from Barcelona to Southampton. Last week the non-sail time was between Feb 19 to March 28 or something like that. As of the day before yesterday the March cruise (Southampton to Barcelona) disappeared from NCL site (I was thinking of booking it and couldn't find it). Today April is empty as well. Still a long time away but kind of interesting. It could of course be one of NCL's web site glitches. It is after all almost weekend... 

40 minutes ago, LasVegas666 said:

The Jade cruises are out for Feb-March 2025. 3-5 day Bahamas cruises it looks like from Miami. 

Just saw that. Kind of disappointed to be honest, though I thought it might be the case.

5 hours ago, LasVegas666 said:

The Jade cruises are out for Feb-March 2025. 3-5 day Bahamas cruises it looks like from Miami. 

5 hours ago, unpackonce said:

Just saw that. Kind of disappointed to be honest, though I thought it might be the case.

And it looks like it's going to deadhead to Tampa for the 25-day cruise. Yuck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yakcruiser said:

And it looks like it's going to deadhead to Tampa for the 25-day cruise. Yuck!

I think that once all passengers have disembarked on April 1st Norwegian Jade will leave Miami and make a bee-line for Tampa, probably arriving sometime mid-day on April 2nd. It will give them plenty of time to board stores and get prepared for the repositioning. And this could be a good thing. 

21 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

I think that once all passengers have disembarked on April 1st Norwegian Jade will leave Miami and make a bee-line for Tampa, probably arriving sometime mid-day on April 2nd. It will give them plenty of time to board stores and get prepared for the repositioning. And this could be a good thing. 

Not for me. I wanted to add a trip before long one as B2B. Oh well, at least our rooms should be ready when we board in Tampa.

• Like 2