Booking Pickleball Courts

I’ve played pickleball on several ships and have never seen anything about reserving a court. The space used for pickleball is also used for other activities when the temporary nets are not set up open play, tournaments, or lessons.

• Like 1

We sailed on Oasis last fall and played pickleball during the open play mornings. It was a show up and play approach, no reservations.

I think the closest you could get to a reservation would be to sign up for their clinic with a charge.

• Like 1

The only problem is that many of the new people who play are not familiar with court etiquette. They will often stay on for an hour or more. So it's best to get "regular" players announcing to people on the courts and in line to play one game (or 10-15 minutes), then get off and go to the back of the line. The staff announces this on a rare occasion but never monitors it. It really keeps the waiting down and the line moving.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoelinSedona said:

The only problem is that many of the new people who play are not familiar with court etiquette. They will often stay on for an hour or more. So it's best to get "regular" players announcing to people on the courts and in line to play one game (or 10-15 minutes), then get off and go to the back of the line. The staff announces this on a rare occasion but never monitors it. It really keeps the waiting down and the line moving.

Your comment is exactly why I stopped playing pickleball on ships. I am a mid 4 level player and used to really enjoy playing on ships (although the game sometimes were very different due to how windy it gets on the outside courts). Most players were at least fairly decent and understood using a paddle board rack system. However, over the last 6-7 months (I cruise at least once a month) there are more and more people playing pickleball who don’t know how to play and have no clue how to use a paddle rack system. It got to the point that I haven’t played on my last several cruises.