Ponta Delgada excursions booked at the port

I know there is a tourism area at the cruise port but do they offer tours you can book once you get off the ship? Or what would be the cost to hire a taxi for a few hours to see the sights outside of the city?  I have read to make sure the driver speaks English but have not seen any mention of costs other than it is much cheaper than the ship.

I'm not sure about the availability of getting a tour at the port.  We are taking a 5 hr tour visiting  Vila Franca and other small villages along the south coast, then on to Furnas to see the hotsprings, lunch and finishing up with tour of Ladoa do Fogo.  This is costing us 70 euros each for up to 7-8 people.  I'm told there's another couple from our ship, Caribbean Princess, on this tour with us on May11.  We are not allowed to post the names of tour companies but it has "Green" in the name of company.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2024 at 2:28 PM, Kellyann said:

We are not allowed to post the names of tour companies but it has "Green" in the name of company. 

There's no policy against posting the names of tour companies.  It's done all the time.