RoyalUp notice question

29 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Not really cause GTY's are usually assigned earlier in the game than Royal Up's and with a GTY you always have a chance to switch your cabin to a different location as long as they still have availability in that category. 

Maybe I have just been lucky but I am usually pretty happy with how my GTY's turn out.

Most reports indicate that official GTY assignments usually come fairly late (the barcode trick to find the assignment 45 days out doesn’t count) and by that time there are few if any cabins to move to. 

Biker, who won Royal Up 41 days out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Most reports indicate that official GTY assignments usually come fairly late (the barcode trick to find the assignment 45 days out doesn’t count) and by that time there are few if any cabins to move to. 

Biker, who won Royal Up 41 days out. 

My upcoming Wonder sailing my balcony GTY was "assigned" about a week before check-in opened up for the sailing....there were still plenty cabins for me to choose from. Also some of the best location cabins sometimes seem to open up just days prior to sailing....that has just been an observation I have noticed as I usually just out of curiosity follow the inventory of my sailings.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 2:42 PM, Biker19 said:

37 days out, and my daughters barcode is still showing GTY. IIRC, the last time I did GTY I found out cabin assignment only days before sailing.

Just checked to see what's still available to book - Interior, Spacious Balcony, and 1 Bedroom. That's all that shows up. Put bids in on GS, JS, and Spacious Balc.

She paid a stupid low rate for Balcony GTY, do you think that gets factored into acceptance (or denial) of bids?

In the big picture I know it doesn't really matter, just curious at this point.

Posted (edited)

“She paid a stupid low rate for Balcony GTY, do you think that gets factored into acceptance (or denial) of bids?”

No. This is ancillary revenue arranged through a company  called “Plusgrade” What you paid is already money in the bank. Now the name of the game is maximising revenue chains.

Edited by Jetdriver787