best time and way to book?

3ric

looking to take my second cruise (1st was with ponant) with windstar. in 2025 ideally but does not have to be. I am wondering if there is a best time to book to get better pricing? or any specialized agent that gets extra incentives? I usually work with an agent that is part of virtuoso, but I dont think they specialize in cruises. Currently looking at thanksgiving 2025 .

Thank you! I am currently weighing my options between Paul Gaughin and Windstar. I like the starbreeze better but I am partial to extra dose of french food. I have been on a cruise with ponant and really liked the food. So I am hesitating. However, windstar seems to have more sailing and options for last minute discounts as well, which may be more hepful for us. The lack of real balcony and sauna  (for both) was a bit disappointing but the watersports marina seems really fun and the ambiance too.

I have been on both PG and Wind Star in FP, and would never sail PG again.  The service is far and away so much better on WS.  Many times last-minute bookings provide good deals.  Sign up with Wind Star for sale notifications.

Thanks! i am leaning towards windstar for a few reasons but the americanized food vs french food is really a big downside for me. Lack of real balcony as well. 

Thanks, PG is probably a better fit but it does not have a sauna/steam room and the price point can vary quite a lot. I think we are also better suited for the casual vibe of windstar. I think I may have over exagarated using "americanized". What I meant is the food seemed more american focused from what I could see:  the breakfast photos I saw was donuts, bagels, etc.. some french pastries but maybe not the level of french food we got on ponant (for good reasons, every line has it strength). It is not necessarily to say it is not good, but more than being already in the US all year round, there was a fun factor to see typically french items as part of the menus. French galettes, cider from brittany, duck main courses, foie gras, typical seafood at the buffet, etc.. It was fun for megiven I grew up in France. It was like being home and away at the same time. The Windstar menu looks very good but also very comparable to what I could find in our area in the US. I think at this point we are leaning Windstar if we can get a good deal, and if not maybe we will wait and see if we can do the ponant cruise in the future but that is a whole other price point :-).