Shuttle from Civitavecchia to Rome

Omricn

Hi all! Long reader first poster here.

We're scheduled to go on the MSC Seaview in 3 weeks for a7 night cruise and I'm trying to plan some of the port days. 

Does anyone know if MSC offer a shuttle bus from Civitavecchia to Rome?

I've been searching for alternatives as trains and tour busses and my father just told me there should be an MSC shuttle bus doing this route also. 

11 minutes ago, Omricn said:

Hi all! Long reader first poster here.

We're scheduled to go on the MSC Seaview in 3 weeks for a7 night cruise and I'm trying to plan some of the port days. 

Does anyone know if MSC offer a shuttle bus from Civitavecchia to Rome?

I've been searching for alternatives as trains and tour busses and my father just told me there should be an MSC shuttle bus doing this route also. 

Welcome to CC!

No MSC shuttle between Civitavecchia and Rome last November.  They will sell you a "Rome on Your Own" excursion, which is basically a bus transfer to and from Rome.  If you want to stick with MSC's offerings but without a pesky tour guide, this is your best option.

There are regional/commuter trains between Civitavecchia and Roma Termini that takes just over an hour.  Go to www.trenitalia.com to check fares & schedules.

We ended up booking a private tour since my father has limited mobility.  If it was just me and DW, we'd gone with the train option.

Thank you so much for the detailed and super quick response 😁

Do you buy any chance remember the price pp for the MSC "Rome on your own" transfers?

It's funny that the tour bus option I found had the same name for this trip, they are called civitatours and offer a Rome on your own To and from bus trip that costs around 20€ pp. 

1 hour ago, Omricn said:

Thank you so much for the detailed and super quick response 😁

Do you buy any chance remember the price pp for the MSC "Rome on your own" transfers?

It's funny that the tour bus option I found had the same name for this trip, they are called civitatours and offer a Rome on your own To and from bus trip that costs around 20€ pp. 

You can log into your booking to see the price of the excursions.  I think, though, that the Rome on your Own was around $125 pp (don't quote me) so we booked independently.  

Thanks 😊 I just found some brochure online with MSC prices, it's 60€ per adult and 40€ per child, that's too expensive for a 2 way bus ride. The tour bus costs 20€ per person and does exactly the same thing.. 

The train ride is 12 Euros with bus and metro included. The Name is BIRG ticket. One way train ticket is 4.50 Euro. By train you are faster in Rome than by bus or car.

• Thanks 1

On 4/3/2024 at 10:17 PM, Nikita4 said:

The train ride is 12 Euros with bus and metro included. The Name is BIRG ticket. One way train ticket is 4.50 Euro. By train you are faster in Rome than by bus or car.

Train looks good but it is a walk from port. 

When the MSC Armonia canceled our cruise Thursday we purchased a train ticked at the station for about 5 Euro to Rome Termini and then purchased tickets on the Leonardo Express to the airport for 14 Euro. 

We had sailed The Princess Sun the end of March and took the shuttle from the terminal to the train station for 6 Euro and they did take credit cards. The bus was easy to use and just ran back and forth.