Le Gavroche at Sea

tacticalbanjo

Has anyone else splurged on a meal at one of the Le Gavroche at Sea residencies this year? No one else I'm sailing with is interested in fish so I'm going to go by myself but hopefully I'll have a great time and enjoy some wonderful cooking.

I'll have hopefully sampled his new Golden Lion menu on the Queen Anne before I go so I'll be ready to give him what for if the fish and chips isn't up to snuff or - God forbid - missing!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tacticalbanjo said:

Has anyone else splurged on a meal at one of the Le Gavroche at Sea residencies this year? No one else I'm sailing with is interested in fish so I'm going to go by myself but hopefully I'll have a great time and enjoy some wonderful cooking.

I'll have hopefully sampled his new Golden Lion menu on the Queen Anne before I go so I'll be ready to give him what for if the fish and chips isn't up to snuff or - God forbid - missing!

I believe I read that the fish and chips will be at lunch but not dinner. Last two cruises, that was my embarkation lunch. 

I wish Cunard would show some of the new menus in their teaser campaign. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tacticalbanjo said:

I think I’m on the same sailing as you in June as I have just had the email about booking now being open too. I’d love to try it but suspect that the menu won’t appeal to Mr K, so I am not really keen to risk $400 on something he might not really enjoy. I suspect it will be completely booked out before we board but I would consider it if I had a better idea about the menu. We do have the Nordlys pop-up as well, which I might persuade him to try, because at least he’ll have a choice then. 

Hope you have a great time though - do let us know afterwards what you thought! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kynance said:

I think I’m on the same sailing as you in June as I have just had the email about booking now being open too. I’d love to try it but suspect that the menu won’t appeal to Mr K, so I am not really keen to risk $400 on something he might not really enjoy. I suspect it will be completely booked out before we board but I would consider it if I had a better idea about the menu. We do have the Nordlys pop-up as well, which I might persuade him to try, because at least he’ll have a choice then. 

Hope you have a great time though - do let us know afterwards what you thought! 

I went to Nordlys on QV on a Northern Lights trip in November last year and it was excellent. There’s a trip report of mine with photos on the board. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Michel Roux was on the Festival of Food and Wine crossing we were on last September. I suppose the "La Gavroche at the Verandah" dinners on that voyage may have counted as a prelude to the series of La Gavroche residencies planned for 2024. We did not take part however so unfortunately I can't offer any feedback about that. Perhaps someone who was on that crossing and did participate in those dinners may be able to provide their impressions.

As I understand it from the Cunard website, there are four La Gavroche at Sea residencies with Michel Roux planned for 2024.

Queen Mary 2: Jun 2-9, 2024 Norwegian Fjords cruise from Southampton

Queen Mary 2: Aug 6-14, 2024 Norwegian Fjords cruise from Hamburg

Queen Anne: Aug 11-18, 2024 Norwegian Fjords cruise from Southampton

Queen Anne: Sept 1-8, 2024 Norwegian Fjords cruise from Southampton

Now this does beg the obvious question how Michel Roux could be on the QM2 fjords cruise, Aug 6-14, as well as the QA fjords cruise, Aug 11-18. Consider me a bit confused about that detail. 🤔

Edit to add: Maybe Michel Roux is planning to disembark QM2 at Bergen on Aug 12 and join QA at Stavanger on Aug 13? At least that's one possible explanation for how he could participate on each of those two overlapping August voyages.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1