Where will Seascape be Nov 2 2025- Nov 9, 2025 ?

Do not know if we made such a wise decision. We booked the Seascape for a sailing Oct 26, 2025 7 days Caribbean Cruise departing and returning to Miami. Just noticed the next sailing is Nov 9, 2025 out of Galveston, Texas. Does this mean that the Seascape will be cleaning out the pantry? Could we be looking at much out of stock items on this last sailing before repositioning ? Anyone had a cruise like this with no cruise for 7 days while a ship repositions? Or will this be a new experience to write about ? Like to know what to expect. (Should we bring comfort food ?)

18 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Do not know if we made such a wise decision. We booked the Seascape for a sailing Oct 26, 2025 7 days Caribbean Cruise departing and returning to Miami. Just noticed the next sailing is Nov 9, 2025 out of Galveston, Texas. Does this mean that the Seascape will be cleaning out the pantry? Could we be looking at much out of stock items on this last sailing before repositioning ? Anyone had a cruise like this with no cruise for 7 days while a ship repositions? Or will this be a new experience to write about ? Like to know what to expect. (Should we bring comfort food ?)

I don't think they "clean out the pantries" anymore than they would on a weekly basis. They supply the ship weekly with what it requires to get through that week, so I don't seen any reason they would short change anything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

What kind of items do you think might be out of stock?

Dairy, fruit, veggies. I was on the final cruise of the Carnival Holiday and the cruise line was so cheap they had the bartenders boxing up 1/4 filled bottles of booze the last night and we ran out of some buffet items halfway through the 5 night cruise. The crew hates situations like this. No passengers means no tips so almost no pay. Crew have told me they won't know if their contract will be renewed until it is 24-48 hours before the end. I felt a little bit like a dumb bunny the first time i heard it and i told the worker that really stinks and so on. The worker replied they have a family to support and hope they stay on.

I can imagine any cruise line and their bean counters being so cheap they don't want even for 7 nights much canned and frozen food sitting in the kitchens and dairy, fruit and veggies borderline expired before the next cruise starts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1