Way to Ferry from Weehawkin/Port Imperial to Brooklyn & back on Sundays?

Any suggestions would be great.  We recently cruised on the Venezia we parked in Weehawkin & took the Ferry from Weehawkin/Port Imperial to Midtown and walked to ship.  Next cruise we are taking is MSC from Brooklyn and would love to park in Weehawkin again, but the ferry to Wall Street where we can catch another ferry to Brooklyn doesn't run on weekends.  Can anyone who is familiar with the ferry system tell me if there is a way to get from Midtown to Brooklyn via Ferry(s) on a Sunday?   

There is  no service from New York Waterway In Weehawken New Jersey to the pier in Red Hook Brooklyn.  This isn't  the smartest idea but if you want to stay in Weehawken take the ferry over to Manhattan on embarkation day and either Uber, Lyft or cab over to Red Hook. You could also use Carmel or Dial 7 limo service too.

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2024 at 9:01 AM, Malibubaby said:

Any suggestions would be great.  We recently cruised on the Venezia we parked in Weehawkin & took the Ferry from Weehawkin/Port Imperial to Midtown and walked to ship.  Next cruise we are taking is MSC from Brooklyn and would love to park in Weehawkin again, but the ferry to Wall Street where we can catch another ferry to Brooklyn doesn't run on weekends.  Can anyone who is familiar with the ferry system tell me if there is a way to get from Midtown to Brooklyn via Ferry(s) on a Sunday?   

From Midtown you could take IRT #2 or #3 train from Penn Station to Wall Street and walk (4 short blocks) to Pier 11 for the ferry to right next to BCT; or Lexington Ave line from Grand Central to Wall Street and Broadway for a somewhat longer walk to Pier 11. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2024 at 9:01 AM, Malibubaby said:

I looked into this myself a while back, as we are huge fans of staying in Weehawken and ferrying across to mid-town, given the huge price difference between NJ and Manhattan hotels and parking. There is no direct connection,  even with a transfer, that would easily get you from the Weehawken terminal all the way to Red Hook. I eventually came to realize that the best way, as stated above, is to get across to the ferry terminal at 39th St., then either Uber all the way to Brooklyn or Uber to Pier 11 and take the ferry to Brooklyn, which leaves you right next to your ship. I vaguely recollect that there may have been ferry transfers which might have worked but they were weekday rush hour only, so not much help to cruise ship passengers.

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2024 at 8:59 AM, Brighton Line said:

On weekdays only NY Waterway has service to Pier 11/Wall Street from Weehawkin 6:20 am to 9:20 am 8 trips total current schedule. 

Thanks for the clarification, I knew about the limited hours of this run, just not the details.  Sadly, almost all our trips seem to happen on weekends, which is why I remember this not being an option for us. In the past, pre a Brooklyn cruise, we've stayed in NJ and driven all the way to the BCT and parked there for the week. IIRC the parking price at the BCT has recently gone way up to be comparable to the price at the MCT, so I suspect that when next we sail from Brooklyn, we will still stay in NJ, take the ferry across to the 39th St terminal then Uber directly to the BCT. A bit of a slog but FAR cheaper than staying in either Manhattan or Brooklyn and parking at the pier. As in many hundreds of dollars cheaper.