Princess Cruisetour - Ireland, England, Scotland, France

CruzerDeb

I’m interested in booking this itinerary for next year. Any info (pros/cons) from those who have been in a similar cruisetour would be appreciated. I’m excited about the 4 days pre-cruise in Ireland, visiting Limerick, Killarney, and Cork. Okay, honestly, I’m excited about the entire itinerary. Just need to get my hubby excited about it, which is generally a challenge. 

Hi there Deb. We haven't been on this particular cruisetour - which looks great, btw - but we went on a Spain one last year that was Madrid-Valencia-Barcelona. It was fantastic!

The hotels were all excellent, the tour guide (an independent hired by Princess for this tour) was excellent, and the planning was perfect. We even had our own coach and same bus driver throughout the four days. There were three dinners included and each was wonderful. By the end of the tour when they dropped us off at the ship in Barcelona, we were a bit sad to say goodbye to the guide and driver! We appreciated no very early calls. We have another booked coming up in July in Canada - this one a post-cruise tour. 

Ireland is tough to get around independently - very narrow roads and "other side" driving. I think, and hope, that you will be quite happy with your choice.

Happy Cruising!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, loge23 said:

Hi there Deb. We haven't been on this particular cruisetour - which looks great, btw - but we went on a Spain one last year that was Madrid-Valencia-Barcelona. It was fantastic!

The hotels were all excellent, the tour guide (an independent hired by Princess for this tour) was excellent, and the planning was perfect. We even had our own coach and same bus driver throughout the four days. There were three dinners included and each was wonderful. By the end of the tour when they dropped us off at the ship in Barcelona, we were a bit sad to say goodbye to the guide and driver! We appreciated no very early calls. We have another booked coming up in July in Canada - this one a post-cruise tour. 

Ireland is tough to get around independently - very narrow roads and "other side" driving. I think, and hope, that you will be quite happy with your choice.

Happy Cruising!

Happy to hear of your positive experience. Thanks!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, lesnpatty said:

We are leaving for this cruise tour on May 11th.Ring of Kerry Cruise tour.  I will let you know what we think, we are really excited. 

I hope it’s as amazing as it sounds! Have a wonderful time! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lesnpatty said:

We are leaving for this cruise tour on May 11th.Ring of Kerry Cruise tour.  I will let you know what we think, we are really excited. 

We're looking at the tour/cruise for UK 2025 and would love your suggestions/comments upon your return.  One question I have now - where are you flying into to start the tour? I'm assuming it the cruise ends in Southampton but where does it start?

Thank you for any information.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 5:12 PM, jmomma said:

We're looking at the tour/cruise for UK 2025 and would love your suggestions/comments upon your return.  One question I have now - where are you flying into to start the tour? I'm assuming it the cruise ends in Southampton but where does it start?

Thank you for any information.

We fly into Shannon Ireland. That is where the land tour starts and it is a short hop from Heathrow.  We found the best prices booking with Ezair as soon as they opened up flights. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1