Charlestown on Regent

HappyTvlr

I'm considering a Regent cruise that is scheduled to be in Charlestown on 31 Dec (NYE).  Regent's site said there are currently no shore excursions available.  I wondered if it was because of the holiday, and called to get more info.The rep said he had no idea but would try to find out and get back to me.  I looked around for the stop on other itineraries with Regent and couldn't find any excursions for the port.  I've never been to St. Kitts & Nevis, but it seems most of the excursions are out of St. Kitts Basseterre.  Would love info on what is going on with the stop in Charlestown.  Thanks!

On 4/11/2024 at 11:25 PM, HappyTvlr said:

I'm considering a Regent cruise that is scheduled to be in Charlestown on 31 Dec (NYE).  Regent's site said there are currently no shore excursions available.  I wondered if it was because of the holiday, and called to get more info.The rep said he had no idea but would try to find out and get back to me.  I looked around for the stop on other itineraries with Regent and couldn't find any excursions for the port.  I've never been to St. Kitts & Nevis, but it seems most of the excursions are out of St. Kitts Basseterre.  Would love info on what is going on with the stop in Charlestown.  Thanks!

As of yesterday, the excursions were posted.  Only 4 posted and all are for Nevis.  Perhaps others will be posted at a later date?  

On 4/11/2024 at 11:25 PM, HappyTvlr said:

I've never been to St. Kitts & Nevis, but it seems most of the excursions are out of St. Kitts Basseterre.  Would love info on what is going on with the stop in Charlestown.  Thanks!

A great one is the day pass (or cabana rental) at the Four Seasons Nevis. Sometimes it is offered through the cruise line (sometimes without saying where you're going like "luxury beach day"). But you can book direct with them. 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 12:24 PM, HappyTvlr said:

Thanks! I never heard back from Regent so I really appreciate you letting me know.  I signed up for deep sea fishing.  Great way to start NYE!

I never booked an excursion for Charlestown because I was hoping they would add some more.  Specifically some sort of golf excursion.  Now this morning when I checked the site shows no excursions for Charlestown.  Have you received any notification that yours was cancelled?  Perhaps they are noiw adding more than the original four.  

I noticed that the excursions disappeared yesterday as well.  I never received notification of cancellation, and my account showed the deduction of my OBC for the fishing trip. I called and the Regent rep confirmed that the excursion has not been cancelled.  He also confirmed what we all know about the web site being less than perfect.  BTW, the excursions are back on the website.  I am interested in a golf excursion.  I'll keep an eye out, but it isn't ideal to have to keep checking. 

2 hours ago, HappyTvlr said:

I noticed that the excursions disappeared yesterday as well.  I never received notification of cancellation, and my account showed the deduction of my OBC for the fishing trip. I called and the Regent rep confirmed that the excursion has not been cancelled.  He also confirmed what we all know about the web site being less than perfect.  BTW, the excursions are back on the website.  I am interested in a golf excursion.  I'll keep an eye out, but it isn't ideal to have to keep checking. 

Thanks.