South America Grand Voyage

cruisermsoon

Posters don't seem too impressed with the just announced 2026 program, however the 79 day South America Grand Voyage on the Quest in January really caught my attention. 

It has a very comprehensive itinerary, much better than most long round South America offerings I've seen from other cruise lines. 

As a cruiser who generally is not tempted by long itineraries like the many World Cruises on offer, this particular, very well thought out, long cruise appeals so much that I've gone ahead and placed a deposit in order to secure a place. Final payment is not until four months prior, in early September next year. Have a close look at that itinerary, and see what I mean.

• Like 2

While the 79 day itinerary looks great it’s a bit too long for us these days however we’ve booked the 22 day BA to San Antonio section taking in both Antarctica and the Chilean Fjords. My only thought is I wonder how popular the cruises that end & start in Panama City will be.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

We had a grand 69 night (I think) voyage around South America booked for 2022 on the Quest put it was cancelled because of COVID. It was just one of many that we ‘lost’ during the lockdowns. Probably just as well for us because we’ve since decided that 40-45 days onboard straight are enough for us. Prices have risen greatly of course but glad to see they’re back.

Edited by aussie travel bird
  • Like 1