Unexpected credit card refund

iamaqt2

I just received a very random CC refund from Princess Cruise Res in the amount of 363.07.  I've never left unused OBC on a previous cruise and can't imagine that any reduction in port fees on my future booked cruises would result in this high of a refund.  And I have no emails from Princess to explain this refund.  Do any of you have a clue where this may have originated?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

I just received a very random CC refund from Princess Cruise Res in the amount of 363.07.  I've never left unused OBC on a previous cruise and can't imagine that any reduction in port fees on my future booked cruises would result in this high of a refund.  And I have no emails from Princess to explain this refund.  Do any of you have a clue where this may have originated?

My experience is this.  I made a reservation on the old Sun during Covid or in the early days of Covid vax. Rez was for me, my daughter and grandson, $200 total deposit. Princess cancelled the sailing and sold the Sun. They placed the deposit as FCC on three accounts, $66.66 each.  I was able to use my FCC, the other two could not.  Somewhere I saw a message, those amounts would go to our State Unclaimed Property and I would apply for disposition through that process. Then about a month ago, I received a CHECK for the exact amount of two $66.66, with a note of a cancelled cruise in 2013. Huh? As far as I can tell, I didn't reserve any cruise in 2013 and I assume it's for this Sun Princess cancelled cruise.  Anything like this close to your experience?