Royal Caribbean stock benefit.

Gangway

My apologies if this has already been covered.

Since Royal Caribbean now owns Silver Sea do they give on board credit to stockholders that own 100 shares?

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Seems like a much smaller benefit with Silversea fares.  Percetagewise it's a rounding error.

Free money either way. I bought my RCI stock many years ago--it's been paid for several times over with these OBCs, as has my Carnival stock. 

1 minute ago, taxatty said:

Free money either way. I bought my RCI stock many years ago--it's been paid for several times over with these OBCs, as has my Carnival stock. 

Right, but now RCL costs $127, down from a recent high of $131 – that wipes out the benefit from 4 trips.  Plus, Silversea is the only RCG line I would consider and that is probably not going to continue after the two I have booked.

CCL meanwhile only costs $14, so you could pay that back with Seabourn cruises in even a Boomer lifetime.  And a recent WSJ article thought CCL is undervalued while RCL is fully valued.

But, just as I have my TA give me their rebate in cash rather than OBC, I only buy stocks that pay dividends so I get the benefit every year whether I use their products or not.