Help! Ovation of the Seas: Milkshakes? Will determine refreshment package.

Hi, we are getting ready to sail on Ovation in a few weeks, and my husband might decide to get the refreshment package, but only if it includes milkshakes. The package specifically mentions milkshakes at Johnny Rockets, and I realize there is no Johnny Rockets on board. 

Elsewhere on the internet someone mentioned the patisserie or the MDR as having milkshakes but I am not convinced that this is correct or that either would be included in the refreshment package.  

On the other hand, if we get onboard and in fact there are milkshakes, we will be annoyed at missing out on the pre-cruise pricing and will either skip it entirely (and angrily) or will pay extra on board. 

Can anyone confirm either way? 

Well this is my personal opinion, as an accomplished, experienced milkshake lover……

The milkshakes at JR are glorified chocolate milk.  Always have at least one on a few ships and my opinion has not changed.

So what’s a milkshake lover to do?  

Non-alcoholic mud slides.

Pro tip.  Go to the pool bar to get them, they know how to make frozen drinks.  

Eddie with a milk mustache.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We have sailed on Ovation and there were no milkshakes. The patisserie has some Starbucks drinks and fancy hot chocolate on our Alaska cruise but no milkshakes. They could possibly be a secret menu item in the MDR but we never saw one. My husband loves milkshakes too!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Laurie JJ said:

We have sailed on Ovation and there were no milkshakes. The patisserie has some Starbucks drinks and fancy hot chocolate on our Alaska cruise but no milkshakes. They could possibly be a secret menu item in the MDR but we never saw one. My husband loves milkshakes too!

On 4/16/2024 at 8:16 PM, Eddie Wilson said:

Well this is my personal opinion, as an accomplished, experienced milkshake lover……

The milkshakes at JR are glorified chocolate milk.  Always have at least one on a few ships and my opinion has not changed.

So what’s a milkshake lover to do?  

Non-alcoholic mud slides.

Pro tip.  Go to the pool bar to get them, they know how to make frozen drinks.  

Eddie with a milk mustache.

Thanks very much! Super helpful!