Seascape 19002

BirdTravels

YC Experts. We we asked our travel agent to book us a Yacht Club Deluxe Grand Suite on the Seascape and she snagged us stateroom 19002. 

It's kinda a one-off odd ball room with the sofa smashed up against the bed.... but with beautiful forward facing views. 

Has anyone stayed in the suite and what are your thoughts? Did the room feel totally cramped? Are we better off in a standard GS room?

Help us make an informed decision. 

I was in the 'Shore just before Xmas. That was the voyage which departed about eight hours late into a "tropical depression", so torrential rain and 45Kt winds for much of the trip. Even under those conditions, I loved the balcony. The windscreen is effective. The couch location is a bit odd, but I found the room spacious. But then, I am a solo and only occupy half the space. The sofa is where it is because there is an air lock vestibule you pass through to get outside.

I booked the same cabin on the 'Scape for this September.

16 hours ago, PopcornDK said:

We were in it last year and loved it. We especially loved the balcony which is 100% private!

Cool. Thank you. 

We were worried about the sofa smashed up against the bed leaving little space to walk around. 

2 hours ago, rbelshaw said:

I was in the 'Shore just before Xmas. That was the voyage which departed about eight hours late into a "tropical depression", so torrential rain and 45Kt winds for much of the trip. Even under those conditions, I loved the balcony. The windscreen is effective. The couch location is a bit odd, but I found the room spacious. But then, I am a solo and only occupy half the space. The sofa is where it is because there is an air lock vestibule you pass through to get outside.

I booked the same cabin on the 'Scape for this September.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Cool. Thank you. 

We were worried about the sofa smashed up against the bed leaving little space to walk around. 

That not was an issue. We felt that we had plenty of room to get around.