Princess changed my travel companion's email to my email

ccheng6401

I noticed that Princess changed my partner's profile email to mine after we finished the last Princess cruise. Is it because we were staying at the same stateroom?  We are traveling again soon. Does it make sense to call Princess to fix this issue now? If we do that, will Princess change my partner's email again after the trip?

How do we keep our profile emails totally seperated when we are in the same booking?    

I also noticed that Princess changed my email in the app. Now I have a differnt email in the app that doesn't match my profile on the Princess website.  Somehow Princess fished out the old email I used with Princess years ago. Besides calling Princess, is there an easier way to update email address in the app or on the website?  Thanks 

Posted (edited)

They done it to me as well.  call your TA and get it changed back.

Good to see that I wasn't the only one this happened to.

You cannot change the email or phone numbers on your account .  You must have them do it.

Edited by dweeb

That happened to me too.  Owner of problem needs to fix it.  I am Passenger 1.  Passenger 2 bought FCD.  I received confirmation.  Two separate folios.

Saw your post this morning and checked both my app and online accounts and both now have my husband's email.  Explains why I didn't receive notification of the recent dining changes for our next cruise.  Best I can tell, the change happened some time after 3/19/24 (last date I received an email from Princess).  If Princess only knew how many thousand unread emails my husband has, lol.  I tried chat to get it changed and they said I had to call.  I'll go through our TA at this point.

Posted (edited)

We had the same issue last week, only my DW's PCL account as well as her App profile had my email address, and my PCL account and App profile had her address. That was not the case a few weeks ago. Another issue we had was that my DW's "Elite" status would not show up in her App, even though it reflects Elite in her PCL account.

App Problems: We first got on the Live Chat on the PCL web page and the Chat POC told us she couldn't help but gave us a phone number to call to get help with the App profile "email address" issues. The new App POC resolved the email address mismatches. However, she was unable to fix the App Loyalty issue. So she created a "ticket" for someone to fix my DW's Loyalty status display on her App, which was magically resolved two days later.

PCL Personalizer Problem: Once the email addresses in our App profiles were corrected, the App POC switched us over to someone who could fix our online PCL Personalize email mismatches. To fix that issue, once he corrected the email addresses, the new Web POC had to reregister our accounts with different userids, basically giving each of our online accounts a new login entry. But no worries, all else stayed as it was in our respective accounts. That took all of 2 minutes and all was fixed.

Funny thing is once he created those new PCL logins, we could subsequently log onto the App using the new login/password combination. Prior to this, we always had to use the booking number process as the login/password combination never worked.

And so far all of the above fixes have remained in place! 🤞

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

I called Princess to fix the email situation. The agent said the email address we use for booking shouldn't change the email address of any of the passenger's profile.  We all know that is not true.  Apparently Princess changed my partner's profile email because I used my emial for the booking. Well, we will see if this happens again. Maybe just a short term glitch.