Shadowing Cherry Blossom and Sushi 21/4 to ??

Silver Spectre

Turnaround day in Seward yesterday, watched the great unwashed join the RCL Radiance of the Seas and gave thanks for being on SS. Went for a walk to find some NZ SB, poor quality and $17.99 to boot! About 50 newbies joined and the ship is chocka. Very rough last night and this afternoon we have finally had clear visibility at the Hubbard Glacier 

• Like 2

I think it has a bearing on the way RCL is having an impact on Silversea.   As snarky and elitist as the author is, it does seem to mirror some of the Silversea veterans' impressions of the "great unwashed" folks who sail on Royal Caribbean.  

some 29 years ago we flew into juneau and stayed 3 nights before flying on to Petersburg to join our small boat on an Inside Passage cruise. We were waiting for our friends to join us. We had to come early as that was when I could get us award flights. I thought it would be better if we stopped in Juneau rather than Petersburg,

How wrong I was. Bedlam the first morning so I hired a car for our stay and the next 2 mornings drove out of town before 8am. The worst thing was our evening meals. Virtually every restaurant was out of king crab legs,Dungeness crab and lobster.

At least if you visit on a cruise you can stay on the ship.😉

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DavyWavey70 said:

Did you go to Annan?

Where?

Just departed, the rain eased early and we were dry for the day. Just starting again as we sail towards Ketchikan.

Apparently some of the sniffles and kennel cough onboard have turned out to be Covid. Not sure how many or whether there is more than voluntary quarantine in operation.

7 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Where?

Just departed, the rain eased early and we were dry for the day. Just starting again as we sail towards Ketchikan.

Apparently some of the sniffles and kennel cough onboard have turned out to be Covid. Not sure how many or whether there is more than voluntary quarantine in operation.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/r10/specialplaces/?cid=fsbdev2_038752

8 hours ago, turtlemichael said:

Shhh. Keep it to yourself or everyone will want some.

But apparently not in the ‘other place’ where a similar post was removed for being elitist

• Like 1