China visa

sadobbyn

42 minutes ago, sadobbyn said:

Has anyone gotten a visa for China recently? I am looking for any information and advice.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

A few questions....

Where do you reside and what citizenship are you now?

Personally I would contact your nearest Chinese Consulate and ask for their advice.

There are many different methods of securing a Chinese Visa but some do require you to part with your current valid passport for weeks after submission.  I think that our passports were gone for 6 weeks.

Also note that the Chinese Visa is affixed in your physical passport and so if your passport is soon to expire, it can also be suggested to renew your passport before getting the Visa.

I live in Knoxville Tn. and am a US citizen. I understand that I need to apply for an L Visa as a tourist. I think that there is a Chinese visa office outside Atlanta. My problem is related to two other foreign trips that I will be taking in the next few months. I will have about a 12 weeks period in country before the China trip in November. Will it speed up the process if I go down to Atlanta?

I believe the offices in Atlanta are are private commercial services affiliated with the official Chinese consulate in Houston.

You can request expedited services - but be warned they are very expensive. 

I have a Chinese visa.  I used a visa service and got it in around three weeks.  I believe the cost was in the $300 range.  It’s good for 10 years.  If your passport expires you take your old passport with you.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, sadobbyn said:

I live in Knoxville Tn. and am a US citizen. I understand that I need to apply for an L Visa as a tourist. I think that there is a Chinese visa office outside Atlanta. My problem is related to two other foreign trips that I will be taking in the next few months. I will have about a 12 weeks period in country before the China trip in November. Will it speed up the process if I go down to Atlanta?

I think that 12 weeks is sufficient, or certainly hope it would be.

Get all the paperwork in advance and have ALL the information that they will need so that you are not struggling to get that in that 12 week period.  Then you can submit immediately on your return.

We got our last 10 year Chinese Visa through the Bank of China in Canada.  It was a simple process working with them and we could do it in person.

You will likely have to do yours by mail which is why I suggest that you know and understand their application process and the information needed before you start.  You don't want to find out that you are declined because something was missing on the application.

You may be better to work through a service that will guide you.  

I found this service that has a page for TN.  I don't know them nor endorse them, I just found them in a Google search.

https://www.chinaentryvisa.com/en/visa/2615