Navigator app not working

Toad

Any suggestions on how to update or somehow make my navigator app refresh.  I can no longer get the daily menus or book excursions for an upcoming cruise.

2 minutes ago, Toad said:

Any suggestions on how to update or somehow make my navigator app refresh.  I can no longer get the daily menus or book excursions for an upcoming cruise.

We're on the Nieuw Statendam next and the menus aren't showing. They're 404, so the link is bad.

If you clear the app cache and data, that usually works. You will need to log in again.

You can book shore excursions on the HAL website if the app is not playing nice.

If neither of those work, you can call the shore excursions office. They probably won't be in until Monday though.

1 minute ago, 0106 said:

@POA1 I have noticed that the menus currently being posted on the LIVE threads are in a different format.

Yes, they are. However, I snagged the URL the Navigator app was pulling for the menus and I can see that dinner in the MDR and CO are both 404.

We're not sailing until next week March, so it's not the I really need to see them.

• Like 1

So I did log out and log back in but it did not help.😏. Guess it is just one of those IT and HAL things.  

I can book shore ex….

18 minutes ago, Toad said:

So I did log out and log back in but it did not help.😏. Guess it is just one of those IT and HAL things.  

I can book shore ex….

Did you try clearing the app's cache and data? If one of the app's build tables gets corrupted, it can cause the issue you're describing.

22 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Did you try clearing the app's cache and data? If one of the app's build tables gets corrupted, it can cause the issue you're describing.

I have no idea how to do that…. Wish I did.

15 minutes ago, Toad said:

I have no idea how to do that…. Wish I did.

What type of device do you have? Android or iOS? 

I can help you with Android. I'm sure someone can help with Apple IOS.

Just now, YourWorldWithBill said:

We are on the NS May 5 cruise.

Do you see the menus? I can see some, but other links are bad.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

Nope, the dinner menu won't open, but breakfast worked, and Tamarind worked. I generally don't look until almost time for the cruise, but now it's just doing the usual HAL IT shuffle. Probably too early to see the daily menu.

I have my default handler for the Navigator menus set to Firefox. I copied the URL over to a developer's browser, that's how I know that the URL is 404, or HTTP Not Found. We should be seeing the Blue Gala menu, but the file is not there.

Maybe the menu is missing because gala is now dressy. 😉 You can see the PDF file name in the URL. The download=inline is telling the browser to display the file using its internal viewer. In other words, in the context of the current web page.

https://moapp-navigator.hollandamerica.com/ds-public/api/anchor/api/content/ns/menu/a22909895098489489b655777d5e151b/d888ac55bcf645cd4f7a2c236cb304b9_blue_gala_menu_2024_v.2.pdf?download=inline

Edited by POA1

9 minutes ago, POA1 said:

I have my default handler for the Navigator menus set to Firefox. I copied the URL over to a developer's browser, that's how I know that the URL is 404, or HTTP Not Found. We should be seeing the Blue Gala menu, but the file is not there.

I don't do that much, just check things. I use Firefox occasionally on my desktop, but just let my cell use Chrome. It's probably a good idea to use Firefox; I'm using it on my tablet.

2 hours ago, POA1 said:

What type of device do you have? Android or iOS? 

I can help you with Android. I'm sure someone can help with Apple IOS.

I have tried on both my apple iPad and my iPhone.

3 hours ago, Toad said:

I have tried on both my apple iPad and my iPhone.

Go to the app's settings and look for the options “Clear cache,” “Clear data,” or “Clear storage.” However, clearing the cache is not a universal option and some apps don't provide it.

5 hours ago, POA1 said:

Go to the app's settings and look for the options “Clear cache,” “Clear data,” or “Clear storage.” However, clearing the cache is not a universal option and some apps don't provide it.

POA1-

You have been patient and kind with my lack of computer knowledge.  I have tried logging off, “clearing cookies”, and going to the apps settings ( I do not have and of the above mentioned options) so I guess I will just have to cross my fingers and hope it corrects itself. Thanks for trying. Elizabeth 

Sorry to hear that.  I'm out of suggestions.  (But iOS isn't my normal playground, so there's a good chance there's a solution of which I am unaware.)

Here's an image showing how to clear app data.  The example is for Safari, but it should work for Navigator as well.  I think that Navi uses the same webview applet as Safari, so you may want to selectively clear Safari as well. 

clear-app-data.png.fa389925e38a6062d0c773e7f62771e8.png

Note:  I don't like to clear all my browser data because you can get rid of saved passwords and other things you need.

I've done all the normal (sadly it's only this app that gives me issues) things to try to see daily dinner menus in the MDR. Cleared data and cache,  uninstalled, etc. The rest of the app is ok, just can't load the new daily dinner menus for club orange and MDR anymore.  On the Koningsdam in 6 weeks...maybe it'll be working then?🤣

• Like 1

Thank you all. POA1 I did clear safari as well and it still didn’t work, but since others are having trouble seeing daily menu’s I will live in hopes that all will be fixed soon.

• Like 1