Navigator app not working

Toad

I think they might be changing MDR menus for the new areas they are now sailing to, such as Mexico/Caribbean to Alaska. They do change to more local influenced menus, so maybe the whole menu thing will be fixed when the menus are confirmed. Hope so!!

• Like 1

I'm experiencing the same on both my iPad and Android phone. The static menus are fine (breakfast, Pinnacle grill, ...) but no luck with the lido and MDR menus. Prior to this I noticed the MDR menu wasn't changing daily. I would get the "Dutch" one or one of the gala ones, but none of the regular MDR offerings. I'm not sure of the timeline but I think it's been a week or so with no menu and about a few weeks prior with no real daily updated menus. 

3 hours ago, Toad said:

Thank you all. POA1 I did clear safari as well and it still didn’t work, but since others are having trouble seeing daily menu’s I will live in hopes that all will be fixed soon.

The daily menus are 404 (HTTP code for not found) for me on the Nieuw Statendam. I know that's not the app's fault. It's a bad link.

My guess - and it's only that - is that the URL being passed to the app works fine on the ship, but not externally. Otherwise, people on the ship would not see their menus.

15 hours ago, POA1 said:

The daily menus are 404 (HTTP code for not found) for me on the Nieuw Statendam. I know that's not the app's fault. It's a bad link.

My guess - and it's only that - is that the URL being passed to the app works fine on the ship, but not externally. Otherwise, people on the ship would not see their menus.

That's been my experience in various ways: things on Navigator functioning well on the ship, but not pre-boarding.

The Navigator app for Android updated today. I can't tell what the miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements were though.

The one thing that I know was broken - and still is - is some dining menus for upcoming cruises. It's a file location problem and not an app issue, so I guess we'll just need to wait until they get the files in a location available off ship. We're trying to see Nieuw Statendam menus. I know they can be seen on the ship because Colin is posting them in his "Live From" thread.

• Like 1

I have always found the Navigator app to be very hit or miss on the two weeks prior to a voyage.  Functionality comes and goes as they add events to the calendar, etc.

1 hour ago, POA1 said:

The Navigator app for Android updated today. I can't tell what the miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements were though.

The one thing that I know was broken - and still is - is some dining menus for upcoming cruises. It's a file location problem and not an app issue, so I guess we'll just need to wait until they get the files in a location available off ship. We're trying to see Nieuw Statendam menus. I know they can be seen on the ship because Colin is posting them in his "Live From" thread.

The Apple version updated also. They still didn’t fix the one thing that has annoyed me more than the broken menus - you still can’t do any check-in functions without being punted to your browser and being forced to log in again to that. Why have it there if you can’t do it within an app? 🤔

• Like 1