LA to Ensenada -Shuttle/Excursion Questions

Going on my first cruise solo next week , Navigator of the Seas April 29th.  It looks like Uber/ Lyft is about $55 each way.  I cant book the transportation through the RCI site as I am not booking my flights through them.  How much are the shuttle options out of curiosity  and can I book when I am at the airport or do I need to pre-book?

-It looks like on the way back to the airport i COULD use some of my onboard credit to do the LA Highlights and Airport Transfer but to be honest the tour does not look very interesting- I might just use my onboard credit for a spa service or food/ beverages etc. 

-Anyone do the Pai Pai hold a baby tiger tour?  I was looking at this but it is not offered through RCL, hesitant because i would hate to miss my shuttle back to the boat or worse get bit or scratched by a tiger etc...anyone do this tour and have feedback?

-I see posts about asking to not pay the auto- grats and pay tips directly?  I thought these were mandatory?  I will for sure tip at least the $20/day but I like the idea to pay the staff directly as it it nice to see their reaction, especially is someone has gone above and beyond- just didnt know there was even an option to opt out and pay direct....

-Other than the jacuzzi tubs are there any steam rooms or saunas onboard?

-Is the included coffee nasty? 

Transportation: You may be able to book at the airport by finding the Royal folks at LAX bag claim. We Uber or fly to a closer airport.

Hold a baby tiger: Haven't done. But I wouldn't.

Gratuities: Yes, you can pay your tips directly to crew. Reactions?

Steam room: Not anymore

Coffee: You may like it?? 

52 minutes ago, Jakefromcanada said:

I cant book the transportation through the RCI site as I am not booking my flights through them.

There's no requirement to book airfare with RC in order to use the transportation.

I do this ship from LAX several times a year.  Uber/Lyft are super easy there and prices range from 40 to 60 each way, depending on day and time.  One tip:   if you use them to return to LAX at end of cruise, book it the day before with a chosen time.  I'm never in a hurry so usually do 9:30 a.m.    If you  try to book the morning you get off, I have heard others say the price is super high and sometimes you can't even get a ride for a considerable amount of time.   You can also go to guest services and book on RC bus for about 35 a person, but it only goes twice a day and takes forever to load and unload.   I prefer an uber

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 3yorkies said:

If you try to book the morning you get off, I have heard others say the price is super high and sometimes you can't even get a ride for a considerable amount of time.

Yes, surge pricing can easily triple the "normal" fare. One trick, go out on Harbor Blvd (across the parking lot from the terminal) to get the Uber.