menu--- hard copy?, set up everything where there's no worries on the cruise.

jumpjump

I'm watching on youtube reviews on Mervaglia -- Quick question --- are the menu for the dining room mainly QR code.  Are they any on actual paper?  My mom & her friends will be taking the Mother's day cruise & they're not very techie & English is very limited.  I need to make sure they're be able to order food..  plus a good time.  I don't want them to go mainly to the buffet as we do enjoy a sit down dinner.

I'm trying to setup everything where they just go on the cruise & enjoy. 

*the muster drill-- what she needs to do

*setting up the CC on that machine--It's not accepting it on the APP, 

Anything else I need to review w/ them before they go off?  

She's been on a lot of cruise but I take care of everything or everything's done pre-cruise.  This time, she's on her own w/ her friends & it'll be a first for everyone on MSC. 

🙂

Posted (edited)

They will have paper menus in multiple languages available in the MDRs. Since she will have an assigned table with the same staff every night, she should just have to request a paper menu in her native language on he first night and they should be prepared with that each of the following nights.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 2

I remember my first few MSC cruises in the MDR you were handed a folder that had all the menus in it, you leafed through until you got to your language.  That was before Covid.  EM

Our last family cruise on MSC was a tri-lingual group. 

Breakfast was available in all three languages, Lunch and Dinner in only two.

Our assigned waiter was wonderfully patient whilst options were translated back and forth !

On 4/27/2024 at 5:35 AM, Essiesmom said:

I remember my first few MSC cruises in the MDR you were handed a folder that had all the menus in it, you leafed through until you got to your language.  That was before Covid.  EM

A long time ago, waiter was Italian and gave us a menu in our language everyday. It was enough to point what did you want in the menu and he made the order (another issue is if you want to point rare, well-done, more salt or so on....)