2 Bedroom Suite connects to Club Balcony

I am currently looking at the Jade 2 bedroom (non Haven) that connects to a club balcony.  I am doing this because we are a family of 7 traveling together and enjoy spending time together.  I like the potential of this because we would have a sitting area that nobody would need to sleep in and we could visit or have a card game going.   I am perfectly fine booking this just for the layout, but was wondering if we book it as one large travel party if there is any way to pay a little extra and have the 2 that are physically booked in the club balcony also get the suite perks.  

No, this is not an option. You can’t pay extra for suite/Haven perks.

However, there is a chance the concierge will see that you are a group and will invite your whole party to dine in Moderno for breakfast and Cagney’s for lunch and attend the Captain’s VIP party. We have had this happen in your same situation.

If you need priority tendering or priority disembarking in the ports your whole group will be allowed to join you.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

there is a chance the concierge will see that you are a group and will invite your whole party to dine in Moderno for breakfast and Cagney’s for lunch and attend the Captain’s VIP party. We have had this happen in your same situation.

I am surprised you have experienced this extension of the perks.  My surprise includes the fact that the concierge has that authority.  Last time we were in a suite our concierge could not get us a window table in the MDR.  The upgraded breakfast and lunch are the biggest perk of being in a suite (aside from the extra space)

Edited by itsnotjustme

Window tables are not reserved for Haven and suites guests. Window tables are supposed to be reserved for latitudes guests, so priority would go to those with highest latitudes.

Your concierge can get you a table in a restaurant. Your latitudes status determines where the table is.

People are going to respond with stories to contradict this, and I get it. It is not a consistent system.

No. Think of the logic. If that was possible then why would anyone ever book 2 suites or Haven cabins at the full fare when they can buy a cheaper room and just pay a flat fee to get what they're missing?

What specific perks are you wanting the folks in the club balcony to have? The real suite can order room service for everyone, there's no rule that says you can only order 1 item per person. Club balcony will also get some snacks throughout the trip - not as many as the suite, but they'll get some. And again, talk to your butler - let them know the preferences for the room and they may be nice enough to bring enough to share for all.

On the flip side - the club balcony room will get free laundry which the suite will not. So unless someone is platinum or above in status, that's a bonus the club room gets special for them which the suite room doesn't.

The concierge has quite a bit of pull with the guests in the suites. We have recently been granted access to the haven sundeck for glacier viewing in AK. We have also been able to get same day reservations and get refunds on tours one of us missed. And no we don't travel in the Haven but in other suites.

On 4/26/2024 at 8:49 PM, 5onadime said:

I am perfectly fine booking this just for the layout, but was wondering if we book it as one large travel party if there is any way to pay a little extra and have the 2 that are physically booked in the club balcony also get the suite perks.  

Our family of 6 just did this exact same set up.  

You could always pay for Priority Access for the 2 in the club balcony.   BTW the set up is perfect!  We as parents, left the door open between the rooms and our married child could close the door in the club balcony when they wanted privacy but always had access to the living area which was not used as a sleeping space.  We had another friend and his child with us,  so once we were up for the day,  we left our cabin door open so they could also come and go as they pleased. It was a great way for the steward, butler and concierge to easily access us more often! More familiarity equals more service and perks. We always greeted them with a smile and were welcoming of any small talk.  It was great!

If I had thought of paying for Priority Access I would have.  I don't particularly think of eating lunch in Carney's as a perk. The food is not that great and the menu NEVER changes.  We never ate in there.  We did have breakfast delivered each morning and whomever said they won't limit you... it's quite subjective.  If I ordered too much more than what appeared appropriate for the 3 in our suite,  it simply wasn't included in the delivery, twice it happened.  My husband is a huge breakfast eater and I discussed this with our butler and the Order was never shorted again.  The rest of the family and friend actually preferred the buffet, so that wasn't a big deal for us. 

Here's where I wanted the perks....

Tendering and snacks.   I gave both the butler and concierge an envelope marked 1 of 2 with a tip inside and a poem written using AI about my specific requests.  Both knew there would be more tip coming at the end and we got both Priority Tendering and extra treats and candy for the whole party. 

Money talks. 

2 hours ago, kismetique said:

Our family of 6 just did this exact same set up.  

You could always pay for Priority Access for the 2 in the club balcony.   BTW the set up is perfect!  We as parents, left the door open between the rooms and our married child could close the door in the club balcony when they wanted privacy but always had access to the living area which was not used as a sleeping space.  We had another friend and his child with us,  so once we were up for the day,  we left our cabin door open so they could also come and go as they pleased. It was a great way for the steward, butler and concierge to easily access us more often! More familiarity equals more service and perks. We always greeted them with a smile and were welcoming of any small talk.  It was great!

If I had thought of paying for Priority Access I would have.  I don't particularly think of eating lunch in Carney's as a perk. The food is not that great and the menu NEVER changes.  We never ate in there.  We did have breakfast delivered each morning and whomever said they won't limit you... it's quite subjective.  If I ordered too much more than what appeared appropriate for the 3 in our suite,  it simply wasn't included in the delivery, twice it happened.  My husband is a huge breakfast eater and I discussed this with our butler and the Order was never shorted again.  The rest of the family and friend actually preferred the buffet, so that wasn't a big deal for us. 

Here's where I wanted the perks....

Tendering and snacks.   I gave both the butler and concierge an envelope marked 1 of 2 with a tip inside and a poem written using AI about my specific requests.  Both knew there would be more tip coming at the end and we got both Priority Tendering and extra treats and candy for the whole party. 

Money talks. 

Care to share your poem? I’d love to read it. 

1 hour ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

I didn't write them, I had ChatGPT give me loads and loads of suggestions then I took what worked and pieced it together.  I'll tell you the one to the Concierge worked like a charm!  We got 8 tender tickets delivered to our suite the next day!  It's a little corny, but hey - I got what I wanted with very little effort on my part.  We were celebrating 3 birthdays, within days of each other.  I put birthday banners on all the room doors.

On this grand cruise, we're celebrating with cheer

Three birthdays, a triple treat, oh so dear

As we set sail, seeking adventure and more

We turn to the concierge, to help us explore

For a group of eight, celebrating three birthdays in style

We have one big wish, that we hope will make them smile.

Our wish is simple, but we need your helping hand

To make our shore excursions go exactly as planned.

Our big wish is for eight tender tickets ashore

To explore in port and make memories galore

With your magic touch, we know it's all possible

To make this wish come true and make it remarkable.

Brother, sister and wife, all in one

Together we'll celebrate, under the sun

With eight tender tickets, our hearts will sing,

And we'll cherish these memories with everything.

We understand that not all wishes can come true

But we hold onto hope, and we turn to you

To make this celebration, beyond compare

And leave us feeling pampered, and full of care.

So here's a little something, to start our journey off right

And to let you know, that our appreciation is bright

And there's more to come, from this family of eight

As we set sail, we understand the efforts you make.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

Sorry, I hit send before I put the other poems in!

Here's the Concierge thank you that went in Envelope 2 of 2:

To our dear concierge, we have to say

Your service and care made our trip, day by day

From the warmest of greetings to the tiniest detail

You made us feel special, and never once did you fail

We've come to the end of our cruise, it's true

And we wanted to say, we appreciate you

For all the hard work, the effort, the time

You put in, to make our trip, oh so fine

So we're leaving an additional tip, you see

To reflect the gratitude, we feel, so deeply

As a family of eight, we understand the effort you make

And we want to ensure, that your kindness, we don't mistake

Your smile, your warmth, and your hospitality

Will always have a place in our memory

We hope that our gesture, brings a smile to your face

And makes you feel appreciated, in every place

So thank you, dear concierge, for all that you do

We wish you all the best, in everything, that's true

Your services exceeded our every expectation

Making our cruise unforgettable, a true vacation!

Here's the butler's poem and since he didn't speak very good English, our cabin was decorated to the hilt with birthday balloons, streamers, party favors and a cake on the table when we returned from dinner the first night.  Which was not exactly what I had in mind as I wanted celebrate on our 1 sea day.  But that's my fault for not making it clear.  I just assumed he would ask before doing it.  He kept saying, but Mrs...you said birthday!  You said birthday!  I kept telling him, it's fine, really it's not a problem.  I think he could tell it wasn't what I wanted but we were perfectly fine to have cake and kept the room decorated the entire cruise so it worked out really well in the end.

Envelope 1 of 2 poem:

On embarkation day, as we board this grand ship,

We come with excitement and our hearts-a-flip,

And in this first envelope, we’ve left a tip for you,

To express our gratitude, for all that you do.

On this grand cruise, a special occasion we share,

Three birthdays, three loved ones, a joyous affair,

As we journey on, seeking adventure and fun,

We turn to the butler, to help us get things done.

We are celebrating three birthdays, all in one,

A group of eight, filled with laughter and fun,

There’s just one special request, we hope to make,

A birthday bash, for the ages, a true give and take.

Dear butler, we have a request to make,

Please serve us a birthday meal in our stateroom suite,

A meal so decadent to share and savor, what a treat!

And for dessert, a group dessert we’ll all partake.

We want to indulge in the delicious fare,

That Cagney’s has to offer, with great flair!

Start with a fresh salad, crisp and bright,

Followed by a soup, creamy and light,

Bring us the tenderest cuts of meat,

That will melt in our mouths, oh so sweet.

Accompanied by sides that are divine,

The perfect compliment to this feast so fine.

With your help, we'll make memories to last,

Of laghter, love and good times that won't be surpassed,

And when we look back on this grand adventure,

We'll think of you, butler, with infinite pleasure!

And the envelope 2 of 2 Thank you to butler:

Dear butler, we want to take a moment to express

Our heartfelt thanks, for you are the best!

You served us with grace, with skill, with care

And made our birthday celebration an occasion so rare

You tended to our needs with a smile so bright

And made our every wish come to light

From morning coffee to evening desserts galore

You served us with kindness, even when we asked for more

For our birthday celebration, you brought us joy

With cakes and decorations, fit for a royal envoy

You made us feel special, cherished and loved

And for that, dear butler, we thank you from above

Your attention to detail was impeccable and fine

And your service, dear butler, was nothing less than divine

So let us raise a glass and give you a toast

For making our cruise a dream we'll cherish the most

So we'd like to thank you with a little gift

Enclosed in this envelope, a tip for you to lift

We know that your job is not an easy one

But you did it with grace, and made it so much fun

Oh dear, dear butler, we'll miss you so

For you've become a friend, not just a service pro

But in our hearts, you'll forever stay

As the butler who made our cruise a special day.

• Like 2