Deck 2 Cabins on Viking Long Ships - Open Area on Diagrams

ricka47

On deck 2 on the Viking diagrams, some cabins show other cabins below while others show open areas. I'm guessing those are crew cabins?

Posted (edited)

Well, unless one has been a crew member one wouldn't know for sure but it seems a good bet as the water level windows continue all the way along. 

Edited by pontac

3 hours ago, pontac said:

Well, unless one has been a crew member one wouldn't know for sure but it seems a good bet as the water level windows continue all the way along. 

Right - that would be my bet as well.

Yep - they are in fact that.  If you wander down the stairs to the lower deck you will see a crew only door that leads to these cabins.  You don't see crew coming and going all the time from this door as they have an access also from the front of the ship.

6 minutes ago, CDNPolar said:

Yep - they are in fact that.  If you wander down the stairs to the lower deck you will see a crew only door that leads to these cabins.  You don't see crew coming and going all the time from this door as they have an access also from the front of the ship.

Thanks, I'm thinking that they wouldn't be any noisier than having guest cabins below you as they need to sleep after a long day/night.

4 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

Thanks, I'm thinking that they wouldn't be any noisier than having guest cabins below you as they need to sleep after a long day/night.

We have never found the guest cabins on the "aquarium level" to be any noisier than on deck 2 or 3.

I don't think you need have any concern about noise coming from crew cabins. With the long hours they work I should imagine they want nothing more than to sleep through to their next shift.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pontac said:

I don't think you need have any concern about noise coming from crew cabins. With the long hours they work I should imagine they want nothing more than to sleep through to their next shift.

Yup - they would probably be quieter than guest cabins!