Alaska on the Bliss--Questions

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL usually serves seafood chowder on the pool deck. 

On glacier day, there is hot chocolate, coffee and adult coffees on the bow

IMG_2640.thumb.jpeg.cc49eed5a0ae16719b7bcf3dec0addfe.jpeg

And on the Haven sundeck

IMG_2641.jpeg

IMG_2642.jpeg

This looks absolutely lovely! I'll get to visit Hubbard Glacier twice, so it will be interesting to see the set up on Norwegian Jade. Your pictures remind me that I will need to pack some winter-wear for Glacier Day! 😉

8 hours ago, jcathers1 said:

We are attending Icons on Sunday and Jersey Boys on Wednesday, but I don't recall which other options were available. 

Thanks

We have just returned from Bliss last Sunday. As others already mentioned, NCL is using Pier 66, pretty much in downtown, so very handy. We had an 11 o'clock check-in time, then waited with everyone for the boarding to start, which happened around 11:30. I'm not sure if Haven's guests were allowed to board before that time. 

For things to bring, again as others mentioned, you have to be prepared for all sorts of weather. It seems to be a little colder in Juneau and closer to glaciers, so you will need some layers on you. For us, Icy Strait Point and Ketchikan were very warm and sunny - locals were wearing shorts and t-shirts. I see some people advising you to stay on board in Victoria. Well, if you have been there, stay on board. If you haven't, do go to town, but leave as soon as the ship docks. I absolutely loved Victoria and wish it was the first day of the cruise and lasted a full day, leaving the sea day for the end. 

Overall I loved all ports for different reasons and would do it again for sure. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2024 at 11:46 AM, Jordan61 said:

We didn't do any excursions except whale watching in Icy Strait Point, which was a lot of fun.

I am definitely wanting to see whales. I was hoping not to have to book an excursion for that. Do we not expect to see whales from the ship in August during a 1 week cruise from Seattle (return)?

On 5/8/2024 at 2:32 PM, dmwnc1959 said:

This looks absolutely lovely! I'll get to visit Hubbard Glacier twice, so it will be interesting to see the set up on Norwegian Jade. Your pictures remind me that I will need to pack some winter-wear for Glacier Day! 😉

What do you mean by Glacier Day? Literally a day where we sail past a glacier, or is it a theme day?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cruise Crazy Family said:

What do you mean by Glacier Day? Literally a day where we sail past a glacier, or is it a theme day?

It's a glacier, Ship turns so both sides can see glacier. Iceberg floating by ship, Glacier, and picture of bridge and glacier. 

IMG_4466.JPG

IMG_4515.JPG

IMG_4517.JPG

Edited by drumming cruisers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are NO binoculars in Cabin 12706, a forward facing penthouse and asking for them three times at the concierge desk did not result in any being there - also - the people in the forward facing penthouse on the other side did not have them either.  

Good thing we packed our own!!  

• Like 1

On 7/6/2024 at 8:00 PM, Cruise Crazy Family said:

I am definitely wanting to see whales. I was hoping not to have to book an excursion for that. Do we not expect to see whales from the ship in August during a 1 week cruise from Seattle (return)?

We just came back from Alaska bliss. It was great! We did not see many whales from the ship. It happens so fast it could be missed. We did whale watching in Juneau and that was wonderful. They taught us what to look for then we saw a lot. 
the glacier day is the same as the Juneau stop day. It was breathtaking to see. Then after the fact, I spoke to a family on the icy strait day that said they went on an excursion with NCL on a separate boat and saw the glacier even closer. Then the little boat (150 people as per this guy) met up with the cruise ship and the reboarded. I never read about that. It sounded great. It was 5 hours round trip (kinda long) but sounded cool. 
Have an amazing time. Ask me anything about it and I will answer what I can! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stelkp said:

We just came back from Alaska bliss. It was great! We did not see many whales from the ship. It happens so fast it could be missed. We did whale watching in Juneau and that was wonderful. They taught us what to look for then we saw a lot. 
the glacier day is the same as the Juneau stop day. It was breathtaking to see. Then after the fact, I spoke to a family on the icy strait day that said they went on an excursion with NCL on a separate boat and saw the glacier even closer. Then the little boat (150 people as per this guy) met up with the cruise ship and the reboarded. I never read about that. It sounded great. It was 5 hours round trip (kinda long) but sounded cool. 

This is the Glacier Explorer shore excursion. One of the best on an Alaskan cruise. The small boat races ahead of the ship, taking you into some of the side fjords. Unlike the ship, the small boat stops for wildlife like whales, bears, seals. And you get spectacular views of the glacier up close and personal. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2024 at 11:31 PM, Stelkp said:

Thank you for your feedback. The Glacier Explorer sounds great. I don't know if my teen will want to be gone for 5 hours. Will discuss.

On 7/10/2024 at 6:49 AM, BirdTravels said:

This is the Glacier Explorer shore excursion. One of the best on an Alaskan cruise. The small boat races ahead of the ship, taking you into some of the side fjords. Unlike the ship, the small boat stops for wildlife like whales, bears, seals. And you get spectacular views of the glacier up close and personal. 

Thank you. I'll look it up!