hal website down / wacky

I guess it depends on what you’re doing. I logged into it just now using Edge on my tablet and was able to access my current booking and view shore excursions. I use a travel agent, so I’ve never had the experience of trying to book anything. 

No, I've spent a bit of time on the website this morning looking for cruises and had no problems. My account also was fine when looking at my booked cruises.

Firefox and Windows 11 on a laptop.

I recently started having trouble with HAL and it got so that I could not log in anymore.  I was using the Safari browser because I have an iMAC.  I switched to Google Chrome and my problems went away.  However, Google Chrome had a note that I needed to upgrade my computer to keep working in the future.  My computer was old enough that Apple would no longer update the operating system, so no upgrades to Safari either.

Once I was off the HAL site I went back to Safari.  Over a period of weeks I began having difficulties with other websites.  Things also quit downloading and apps refused to work at all.

I broke down and last week I bought a new iMAC.  I haven't had a single problem since.

My problems started slow, first HAL, then the VA Healthcare site, then Delta Airlines, then Orbitz, etc.  If your difficulties worsen, first try a different browser but beware if other difficulties emerge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Try another browser.  I am not sure what is happening as it seems many of my haunts are having trouble loading this weekend. 

I went from duck duck go ( no success) to internet explorer and there the website worked.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Just now, horseymike said:

I went from duck duck go ( no success) to internet explorer and there the website worked.

Thanks again.

Firefox generally works as an alternative.  I use duck duck for search but haven’t tried their browser yet. Any good?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Firefox generally works as an alternative.  I use duck duck for search but haven’t tried their browser yet. Any good?

Hi Mary,

Duck duck go supposedly prevents trackers from following your online activity much better than the other browsers.

Many times I have been looking at cruises on my computer and my wife will be in a different room on a social media platform and yell out to me about the cruise she just got an ad for , more times than not, it is the very cruise I was looking at etc….

With Duck Duck go , that does not seem to happen.

• Like 1