Free at sea plus and specialty restaurants

Hello, just booked on Joy for Panama January 21-February 6, 2025 and was wondering how many free specialty restaurants come with this length of cruise and if you can use them at any specialty restaurant.  Was unsure if you can use it to zero out your bill at Texas Smokehouse or Cagney's

thanks

Posted (edited)

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

Number of meals depends on what your stateroom category is and length of cruise. For you, it will be either 2 or 3 meals for each of the first two guests in the stateroom. 

IN WHICH VENUES WILL MY SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

Specialty Dining Packages are honored in the following restaurants: Cagney’s Steakhouse, Food Republic, Italian, Le Bistro, Los Lobos, Moderno Churrascaria, Pincho Tapas Bar, Q Texas Smokehouse, Raw Bar, Seafood, Sushi and Teppanyaki.

Guests may also dine in select entertainment-based restaurants using their SDP meal.

An SDP meal in a la carte restaurants includes 1 appetizer, 1 soup or salad, 1 main course and 1 dessert (does not apply to cover charge restaurants or Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar and Sushi, where a meal includes any 4 menu items). SDP does not include beverages and additional and/or premium menu items will incur charges.

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, izzy19 said:

Hello, just booked on Joy for Panama January 21-February 6, 2025 and was wondering how many free specialty restaurants come with this length of cruise and if you can use them at any specialty restaurant.  Was unsure if you can use it to zero out your bill at Texas Smokehouse or Cagney's

thanks

Balcony and above: 3 dinners

Studio, Inside, Ocean View: 2 dinners

Ocean Blue, Le Bistro, Q, Cagney's, La Cucina: 1 appetizer, 1 soup/salad, 1 entree, 1 dessert

Teppanyaki: One meal

Food Republic: 4 items for each person off menu

Example from Cagney's you asked about. So, yes, it zeros out all charges for meals. At some restaurants, there are specific menu items with additional charges (mostly those that include lobster). 

image.png.3391b1aa5e97343a015eed8e74ffe73e.png

• Like 1

You mention free at sea plus in the thread title, but your question seems to relate to the standard free at sea offer.

Its probably worth clarifying to avoid getting conflicting and incorrect information, although it is probably too late now as a lot of people just reply to the original port without reading the thread.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Balcony and above: 3 dinners

Studio, Inside, Ocean View: 2 dinners

Ocean Blue, Le Bistro, Q, Cagney's, La Cucina: 1 appetizer, 1 soup/salad, 1 entree, 1 dessert

Teppanyaki: One meal

Food Republic: 4 items for each person off menu

Example from Cagney's you asked about. So, yes, it zeros out all charges for meals. At some restaurants, there are specific menu items with additional charges (mostly those that include lobster). 

image.png.3391b1aa5e97343a015eed8e74ffe73e.png

Awesome info, thanks, was looking for this.  We have free at sea plus, with balcony on 9 day cruise (pearl greek cruise), so we have 4 dinners for wife and I.  Was curious as to what the "dinners" included, correct me if I'm wrong:

for a la carte restaurants on the pearl (Sushi, La cucina, Le Bistro, Cagney):

1 appetizer, 1 soup/salad, 1 entree, 1 dessert

For Cover Charge Restaurant (Brazillian, Teppanyaki):  

1 Meal

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, izzy19 said:

Thank you all for the responses...got exactly what I was looking for.

@izzy19 As others have noted, your title mentions Free at Sea Plus.   The information above (3 specialty dining on your 16 day cruise.) is for the standard free at sea package.   

If you do have the Free at Sea Plus (which is an add on package) you get two additional specialty dining meals per person for a total of 5 on your 16 day voyage. (Plus the other perks like internet, the premium plus drink package and additional shore excursion credits.) 

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Free_at_Sea_Plus_ver011823.pdf

Edited by Ixtoras
Forgot to add the link to the FAS Plus info.
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, sbnuggie said:

Awesome info, thanks, was looking for this.  We have free at sea plus, with balcony on 9 day cruise (pearl greek cruise), so we have 4 dinners for wife and I.  Was curious as to what the "dinners" included, correct me if I'm wrong:

Moderno: Meal

Teppanyaki: Selection of entree/meal

Sushi: 4 items per person off menu

La Cucina, Cagney's Steakhouse, Le Bistro: 1 appetizer, 1 soup/salad/appetizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert. 

15 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

You mention free at sea plus in the thread title, but your question seems to relate to the standard free at sea offer.

Its probably worth clarifying to avoid getting conflicting and incorrect information, although it is probably too late now as a lot of people just reply to the original port without reading the thread.

I realized my mistake after carefully reading your helpful posts...it is only free at sea...thank you again for the help

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, izzy19 said:

I realized my mistake after carefully reading your helpful posts...it is only free at sea...thank you again for the help

You got the answer you wanted, which is the main thing. Have a great cruise.

• Like 1