Getaway dry dock

2 minutes ago, DorothyB said:

I thought they were supposed to be returned?

They are?  Ooops. I've had a couple places tell me in the past that I didn't need to stop by the desk on checkout day and I could just walk out so I just do that and take the card (if I get one anymore since I signed up for Hilton Honors and just use the app to check in/out and open my door).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DorothyB said:

I've used misc cards in the slots before, but surprised to see so many using hotel cards - I thought they were supposed to be returned?

I can’t speak to all chains, as I typically stay in Hiltons and Marriotts, but in those two they say not to bother returning them. I just figured it had something to do with sanitation. 

Maybe they don't have to be returned any more? or maybe depends where you are.  I'm just used to either dropping it off at the main desk or leaving it in the room.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DorothyB said:

Maybe they don't have to be returned any more? or maybe depends where you are.  I'm just used to either dropping it off at the main desk or leaving it in the room.

Yeah. I also either leave them in the room or drop them at the front desk as I walk out. I usually like to keep at least one with us until the very last minute, just in case…. But, I recall being told to just toss them. 

On 6/9/2024 at 3:25 PM, DorothyB said:

I've used misc cards in the slots before, but surprised to see so many using hotel cards - I thought they were supposed to be returned?

Then I am in big trouble. 

On my last 2 cruises they have actually had a card in the slot when entering the room. It's cardboard and I keep it in there the whole time. Just lift it up a little to deactivate the electricity when leaving, push it in when I come in. 

• Like 1