Fully booked cruise

On 5/2/2024 at 6:26 PM, dalmoradie said:

My husband and I are booked on the June 9 sailing of the Solstice to Alaska. We are booked in an Aqua Class cabin.  I made some move up bids for all the suites and on Monday night, there were exactly 2 Royal Suites, 8 Celebrity Suites and 7 Sunset Suites still available.  Today, I asked my TA to price any suite for me as I wanted to just pay for the upgrade outright.   He called me back and informed me that there are no more suites available and the sailing is all sold out.  I looked to check and the sailing is not even coming up when I do a search.

Is it really possible that they sold all those open suites in a couple of days?   It's still 38 days before the cruise...  

I learned my lesson on suites the hard way.  Friends had told me never book an upper suite early, just wait for an upgrade or watch for availability later and then upgrade, never worked.  Now when I see the suite I want I just book it and don’t look back at all.  Might be costlier (?) but at least I know I am getting what I wanted right from the start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dalmoradie said:

So on Friday, exactly 30 days before sailing, I noticed that all my moveup bids showed 'expired' except for my bid to Royal Suite which still shows 'pending' but grayed out and can't modify.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this means I won it.  I have never eagerly waited for a charge to appear on my credit card as I am now.  LOL 

haha....expectation exceeds realization.  Greyed out may be that you're still in contention.  🤞