Yokohama to Tokyo airports after cruise

cruiser man 60

Anyone who has done a japan cruise disembarking in Yokohama can advise how long it takes to get off ship at end, collect luggage and get to airport please.

we are looking at a 12 noon flight with ship docking at 7am, is this possible without delay in docking ie in normal circumstances?

3 hours ago, cruiser man 60 said:

Anyone who has done a japan cruise disembarking in Yokohama can advise how long it takes to get off ship at end, collect luggage and get to airport please.

we are looking at a 12 noon flight with ship docking at 7am, is this possible without delay in docking ie in normal circumstances?

Which airport Haneda or Narita? All international flights must be checked in at least 2 hours before scheduled departure, you must go through security and exit immigration. Once the gangway is open for disembarkation, the real wait is simply how many other people are ahead of you. Yokohama has three cruise terminals,  taxi resource will be tight if multiple ships in port, taxi time to Haneda airport usually is 30 min without  traffic; to Narita is 90 min.

Last month, we disembarked at 7:45 am to catch a 9 am limousine bus, and I'm pretty sure we were in a cab by 8:10 am, but I believe we were only ship in harbor that day. But we also disembarked on a Sunday, so we didn't have to worry about commuter traffic holding us up.

12 hours ago, thehowlingroad said:

Last month, we disembarked at 7:45 am to catch a 9 am limousine bus, and I'm pretty sure we were in a cab by 8:10 am, but I believe we were only ship in harbor that day. But we also disembarked on a Sunday, so we didn't have to worry about commuter traffic holding us up.

It’s a Sunday we will be disembarked, how long to get to airport for you?

8 hours ago, cruiser man 60 said:

Again -- which airport?  Haneda is about 45 minutes away.  Our experience is that Narita is farther, and slower to reach; we flew out of Narita in 2018 and left from our hotel in Tokyo.

We were on B2B cruises last month and disembarked on Sunday, April 21st.  Our ship was the only one at the Osanbashi terminal.  For us the line in the cruise terminal to get through customs and immigration was the "choke point."  There were multiple lines and we were not in any hurry but it seems to me that it took about 30 minutes to reach the head of the line.  We also quickly found our luggage, but some folks spent more time doing so.  We are to the point in our lives both financially and due to the fact my husband has a bad knee that we aren't interested in the shuttle transfers so we took a cab to Haneda.  The line for taxis was about 25 minutes long.  The drive time was about 35 minutes.

7 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Again -- which airport?  Haneda is about 45 minutes away.  Our experience is that Narita is farther, and slower to reach; we flew out of Narita in 2018 and left from our hotel in Tokyo.

We were on B2B cruises last month and disembarked on Sunday, April 21st.  Our ship was the only one at the Osanbashi terminal.  For us the line in the cruise terminal to get through customs and immigration was the "choke point."  There were multiple lines and we were not in any hurry but it seems to me that it took about 30 minutes to reach the head of the line.  We also quickly found our luggage, but some folks spent more time doing so.  We are to the point in our lives both financially and due to the fact my husband has a bad knee that we aren't interested in the shuttle transfers so we took a cab to Haneda.  The line for taxis was about 25 minutes long.  The drive time was about 35 minutes.

It’s narita, can you pre book transfer ?

we flew from Haneda in Feb, getting to the airport may be the easiest part. Narita is a lot further according to google maps. The lines at Haneda were huge. I'm glad we arrived at the airport 3 hours prior to the flight. By the time we went thru immigration etc we only had less than 30 min wait before fight was called. 

17 hours ago, cruiser man 60 said:

Narita is about 90 mins from Yokohama, so that's a very expensive cab ride. Your cruise line will likely offer transfers, but you should take a look at their pricing and timetables.

We took the Limousine Bus from Yokohama City Air Terminal, which is their bus station, next to the train station, and about a $20USD cab ride from Osanbashi. We pre-booked tickets, and were glad we did because our bus ended up being so full that two people had to sit the fold-down jump seats in the aisle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thehowlingroad said:

Narita is about 90 mins from Yokohama, so that's a very expensive cab ride. Your cruise line will likely offer transfers, but you should take a look at their pricing and timetables.

We took the Limousine Bus from Yokohama City Air Terminal, which is their bus station, next to the train station, and about a $20USD cab ride from Osanbashi. We pre-booked tickets, and were glad we did because our bus ended up being so full that two people had to sit the fold-down jump seats in the aisle.

Thanks, I’ll probably save myself the stress & hassle and either get an evening flight or just stay overnight at airport hotel 

16 hours ago, thehowlingroad said:

I tried using Yokohama City Air Terminal in their search function and it doesn't seem to recognise this place. We will be needing this but have plenty of time to get to Haneda for late flight. Any tips please?

2 hours ago, Pushka said:

I tried using Yokohama City Air Terminal in their search function and it doesn't seem to recognise this place. We will be needing this but have plenty of time to get to Haneda for late flight. Any tips please?

YCAT website: https://www.ycat.co.jp/#animatedModal02

Select English in left side language option.

Timetable:
https://translation2.j-server.com/LUCYCAT/ns/tl.cgi/https://www.ycat.co.jp/route/haneda/ycat2haneda/?SLANG=ja&TLANG=en&XMODE=0&XPARAM=s,&XCHARSET=UTF-8&XPORG=,&XJSID=0

Floor Map:. Taxi drop off at the taxi stand on the south side, luggage carts available nearby, follow the direction to the lobby area. Bus tickets to Haneda must purchase through ticket machines (have English lang. option). Fare is 650 yen, 30 min ride, frequent is 15 min. You have to tell the curbside dispatcher which terminal you are getting off, so he/she will load your luggage accordingly, There is a restriction, 1 piece checked bag per passenger.

image.thumb.png.2979e60c834fa5d9f52c15415c1a914c.png

• Thanks 2