Princess Not Processing Agency Transfer Request; any suggestions?

We booked a European cruise with a Princess Agent 4/15; sent a transfer request on 4/21.  The transfer has not been made; I have contacted Princess repeatedly; first I was told it would be transferred by 5/1. On 5/2 I was told it was still in “processing” status.  I need to have it completed by Monday 5/6 in order to purchase travel insurance covering preexisting conditions. Please advise if you know any way this can be investigated and expedited.

1 hour ago, labscientist said:

We booked a European cruise with a Princess Agent 4/15; sent a transfer request on 4/21.  The transfer has not been made; I have contacted Princess repeatedly; first I was told it would be transferred by 5/1. On 5/2 I was told it was still in “processing” status.  I need to have it completed by Monday 5/6 in order to purchase travel insurance covering preexisting conditions. Please advise if you know any way this can be investigated and expedited.

It may help if your travel agent reaches out to them directly to have the transfer completed.  That’s worked for me in the past.  
If it’s getting close and still no further progress has been made, you can always have your travel agent book it directly and cancel your current booking through Princess.

The only advantage to booking directly through Princess before transferring your booking to an agency is if there is any OBC involved that would be coming from Princess directly.  Of course by transferring it, you'll get either OBC or a discount from your TA.

The only one time I had trouble transferring a booking to my TA was because...

I had added the screen shot directly to my email instead of used an attachment.  When Princess received my request, they would not process it.  After multiple calls by my travel agent and myself, one wise person told me the problem.  When they tried to print out the email, it showed up as 2 pages.  They could not accept the request since some information was on one page and then the other.

I simply re-submitted request as an attachment.  When they opened the attachment, all the information showed up and was processed.

Thanks for the feedback; agency(big box)

has repeatedly called Princess; also getting nowhere.  Cancelling and rebooking is not an option; the cruise is sold out. I cannot risk losing our accessible balcony. Two forms were submitted for two cabins; one was processed within 4 days. 

Could the hold up be that your transfer has to go through special services since it is an accessible cabin?  I would call them to see what they can do.

I had the same thing happen. I made countless calls to Princess customer service who kept telling me to be patient, that  it would happen in 5 days, 7 days, 2 days, etc. Princess customer service is useless. I only succeeded in having the cruise transferred after I started sending daily emails demanding it be done. It was finally transferred to my travel agent 5 days before the deadline. Good luck!!

Thanks for the suggestions; I sent emails to

the Princess officers: President, Head of Customer Service and his assistant.  I found their info on CC posts.  Trusting one of those missives stimulates the transfer in time.

Will let you know.

• Thanks 1