Athens/Piraeus port/Acropolis question

Hello,

Since it seems most of the excursions are booked up for a cruise stop in Athens, I guess I am on my own.

I have been watching YouTube videos about transportation from the cruise port to the Acropolis.

I'm not a first off the ship type of guy.  We are in port from 6:30AM to 6:00PM.  I figure to get off the ship about 9AM.

It looked to me in the some videos that Hop On/Hop off buses were waiting in the cruise parking lot all day?  Is that true?  Looked like they had a table to buy tickets set up also by the buses.

But I thought they stuck to a regular route?  The map of one doesn't show it coming to Piraeus.

Apologies if this has been covered, but I scanned a few pages in the forum and didn't see anything

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Okie Pirate said:

Apologies if this has been covered, but I scanned a few pages in the forum and didn't see anything

Much quicker and easier to use the excellent SEARCH tool under your username and you can use it for all of your ports.

Go to the main geographical forum for each port, not an individual thread as that won't work

In the empty search box under your username insert the name of the port then hit the little spy glass next to the box. Note that the dropdown next to it should have defaulted to THIS FORUM.   Within seconds, all previous threads which contain that word should appear ready for you to choose which to read.

Athens

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=athens&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=463

Piraeus

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=piraeus&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=463

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2024 at 1:21 AM, Okie Pirate said:

Hello,

Since it seems most of the excursions are booked up for a cruise stop in Athens, I guess I am on my own.

I am not sure what cruise line that you are on, but they usually will save some openings on the excursions for guests to book on board. Just get to the excursion desk as soon as you board.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...