Dining help for July Bermuda cruise

We're a party of 8 in 4 rooms.  I had called to get us all on MTD with the goal of getting 7:00 reservations at early seating is too early and late is too late.  The rep got us all switched to MTD but I then I asked when reservations open.  She basically said reservations are open now, but there's nothing available until 7:45.  I said "ok fine, I'll take that", she did some stuff, said some things that I clearly misunderstood because after I hung up, I checked my reservations and now we're all in traditional late dining at 7:45.  Still too late in a perfect world. I emailed rcldining@rccl.com couple weeks ago but never got a response - maybe I emailed too early?

So now I'm asking what's my best course of action for dining.  Call back and switch back to MTD and hope I can actually get a 7:00 reservation? I had to call 4 times last time pretending to be each party.

Let it ride and try and do it on the boat?

E-mail rcldining again closer to sail date?

Maybe an option I'm not even thinking of? 

thanks for any input

I hate to say but actually, you waited too long to make your dining reservations, as earlier times for MTD go quickly. You've already emailed the dining venue but could try that again, if you feel it would help (don't think it will). I don't think the reps will be much help over the phone either.

In my opinion, when you first get on board (hopefully, you've got an early boarding time slot), go straight to the MTD room and try to get it sorted out. Make sure you have all of the room numbers for your table. Please remember to smile, remain calm and be nice (not demanding as some are). I believe they will do their best to accommodate you. Don't let it ruin your cruise. Good luck and happy cruising! Cheers to you and your cruise friends!

• Like 2

Rcldining has a very bad habit of not responding to requests but actually fulfilling them. I would email them from your initial request and see if it was done.

• Like 2