When do the Norway Fjords 2026 cruises come out?

• NMTraveller changed the title to When do the Norway Fjords 2026 cruises come out?

Thread just down the board says the World Cruise 2026 hasn't come out yet. It's always first. Europe 2026 probably won't be out until late summer or well into Fall.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

When do the Norway Fjords 2026 cruises come out?  Also are they missing 2025 Norway cruises?

The 2025 cruises are available. If you want to cruise the Fjords on HAL I would suggest booking for 2025. I do not believe HAL has any ships that are currently capable of meeting the alternate fuel requirements that are set to go in effect for 2026 for the Fjords that visit Flam and Geiranger. I also do not know if other Fjords have been added to the restricted list, or how far in before the restrictions take place, or if the coastal ports face restrictions. i believe more will be known about 2026 and beyond restrictions late in 2024. But if you want to cruise the actual Fjords and not just the coastal ports, I would plan on it by 2025 at the latest, even if you have to book a line other than HAL. I was on a 9 night in 2022 (RCI) that visited the 3 major Fjords (Flam, Geiranger, and Olden ports).

• Thanks 1

I too am waiting for the 2026 Norway cruises to appear. Do you think the fjords include the Norway Arctic cruises? Do Honningsvag, Tromso, Leknes, and Trandheim have fjords? If so, next year will be the last year to see them on HAL for a while.

1 hour ago, RedIguana said:

The 2025 cruises are available. If you want to cruise the Fjords on HAL I would suggest booking for 2025. I do not believe HAL has any ships that are currently capable of meeting the alternate fuel requirements that are set to go in effect for 2026 for the Fjords that visit Flam and Geiranger. I also do not know if other Fjords have been added to the restricted list, or how far in before the restrictions take place, or if the coastal ports face restrictions. i believe more will be known about 2026 and beyond restrictions late in 2024. But if you want to cruise the actual Fjords and not just the coastal ports, I would plan on it by 2025 at the latest, even if you have to book a line other than HAL. I was on a 9 night in 2022 (RCI) that visited the 3 major Fjords (Flam, Geiranger, and Olden ports).

Actually HAL announced it will be doing a trial of the fuels on the Rotterdam starting very soon 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Actually HAL announced it will be doing a trial of the fuels on the Rotterdam starting very soon 

It is good to see they are starting to test biofuels for large marine diesels. Hopefully the Norwegian government will allow their use for the 2026-2035 transition period, and suitable infrastructure and biofuel production can be in place by 2026 for biofuel use. 

2 hours ago, ChinaShrek said:

I too am waiting for the 2026 Norway cruises to appear. Do you think the fjords include the Norway Arctic cruises? Do Honningsvag, Tromso, Leknes, and Trandheim have fjords? If so, next year will be the last year to see them on HAL for a while.

As of this point the restrictions are just on the two World Heritage Fjords from what I can tell, so those ports you listed are not affected at this time. I suspect at some time in the future similar restrictions will be embraced for the entire northern and western coasts, but that is just a guess. Tromso and Trondheim at least can be considered as being located on fjords, but would have to verify they are on glacier carved bodies of water vs other formation types. Honningsvag and Leknes are on the outer islands, so no traditional fjords need to be traversed to reach them. I have all of those ports on a HAL cruise later this year, and thanks to your questions I will now be embarking down a deep rabbit hole encompassing the geology of the western and northern Norwegian coast.

• Like 2