Question about bartender gratuities

13 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

I never thought of it as a bribe. After the first night I tip because I appreciate the fact that I'm treated as a regular. Like Cheers. If I need a refresh, I get one before the walk-up crowd. I tip because I watch how busy they get and I still get priority for my drink. It's nice to get some special attention and I like to say thank you.

Same here.  I tip at the start and throughout.  Everyone is different.  For me, I can easily afford a buck or two here and there.  I know they appreciate it; and it's what I'd do at home.  I'm more happy to do it at selected bars that are crazy-busy. 

35 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Same here.  I tip at the start and throughout.  Everyone is different.  For me, I can easily afford a buck or two here and there.  I know they appreciate it; and it's what I'd do at home.  I'm more happy to do it at selected bars that are crazy-busy. 

We always tip out with envelopes on the end of the cruise or segment. We may be lucky but it has usually been the case that we have no trouble getting seats at most bars. The tables will be full and the barstools empty especially in the Wheelhouse 

• Like 1