Cruise starting at Dun Laoghaire

The embarkment port for our August cruise is Dun Laoghaire, which seems to be a tender-only port.  This seems a little tricky with disembarking and embarking passengers, all with luggage, in a short period of time and with the ship needing to take on supplies.  Are there also docking berths there?  

33 minutes ago, SunnyNy said:

The embarkment port for our August cruise is Dun Laoghaire, which seems to be a tender-only port.  This seems a little tricky with disembarking and embarking passengers, all with luggage, in a short period of time and with the ship needing to take on supplies.  Are there also docking berths there?  

What ship are you on? Small ships can do this, not large ones.

3 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

They definitely can do this, using barges and water "buses" or ferries. They have done it elsewhere.

Sounds interesting!  Thanks for your help.

4 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

@SunnyNy

You will be docked at dock #2 aka Carlisle Pier, which is located just to the right side of the red X on the map.

Dun Laoghaire Tender.jpg

Thank so much, VMax.  It's also helpful to see the location of the Dart station. 

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

As far as I remember there are steps that need to be negotiated from the south bound (ie from Dublin city) platform.  There is an elevator, but currently it is out of action.

https://www.irishrail.ie/en-ie/travel-information/accessibility-onboard-trains/lifts-and-escalators-reports

Considering the walk involved to my stop, this stair issue, and the possibility of bad weather, I think a taxi makes much more sense.  You've been most helpful.

I see you'e from Cork.  Our ship had a port stop at Cobh last month and we took a tour of Cork, as well as tour of the Midleton Distillery, with tastings of course!  In Cork, our guide was beaming with pride as she drove us past a college where Cillian Murphy attended, pointing out a large poster honoring him for his well-deserved award.  She had the driver go around a second time for "those who may have missed it", but I think it may have been for her benefit!

57 minutes ago, SunnyNy said:

she drove us past a college

Presumably PBC (Presentation Brothers College) or UCC.  Presumably PBC as he dropped out of UCC after failing first year law.

p.s. the tastings are important!  actually the tastings are the only reason to go there! 🥂