Canceling shore excursions.

Posted (edited)

Hello fellow cruises.

How do you cancel a shore excursion either the night before or the morning of. I've had problems with this. Please be advised this has nothing to do with a refund. Has nothing to do with money at all. I just hate the thought of people waiting for me when I'm not going to be there. I don't want to hold up the bus......

1 time I knew the night before I wasn't feeling well and I wouldn't make the excursion the next day. Of course no 1 was at the excursion desk. There was no voicemail, I had no email  address so I called the front desk. I explained my situation that I wouldn't be making the excursion and the excursion desk was closed. The representative at the front desk told me they would notify the excursion people. That was never done. I hate to repeat myself but I felt terrible thinking that people were waiting on a bus for me and I  wasn't going. On another occasion,,,, It was about 2 hours before the excursion was about to begin. Again, no 1 was at the excursion desk it was too early. I tried to call later  but they were all out with the excursion. So I really don't know how to cancel an excursion.

There must be a way and I'm sure someone out there knows it. I'd appreciate the help. Thanks

Ps.. If there's another thread out there I should be looking at please let me know.

Edited by shadow 123

• shadow 123 changed the title to Canceling shore excursions.

If the desk is not open, I go down to the where the check in is on the ship and tell them. I too hate to think of them waiting for me. I leave messages anywhere I can and then hope for the best.

Susan

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

If the desk is not open, I go down to the where the check in is on the ship and tell them. I too hate to think of them waiting for me. I leave messages anywhere I can and then hope for the best.

Susan

Go down to the main stage, or wherever the excursions check in, really early when the first tours are checking in. Tell the excursion person on the check in desk, and they’ll cross you off the list for that tour. Once in a blue moon you can get on a sold out excursion the same way being Johnny on the spot for a ‘morning of’ cancellation but don’t count on it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Go down to the main stage, or wherever the excursions check in, really early when the first tours are checking in. Tell the excursion person on the check in desk, and they’ll cross you off the list for that tour. Once in a blue moon you can get on a sold out excursion the same way being Johnny on the spot for a ‘morning of’ cancellation but don’t count on it. 

That is great advice and I thank you for it. But sometimes I'm just not feeling well enough to do that. I am a woman of a certain age. Ty

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, shadow 123 said:

That is great advice and I thank you for it. But sometimes I'm just not feeling well enough to do that. I am a woman of a certain age. Ty

So am I - a woman of a certain age. If I really can't get down and back then I just call and leave messages and let the chips fall where they may. The front desk has cancelled for me at times.... one time my spot even was sold and I got a refund. At least you tried.

Susan

• Like 2